A. Chalcodes Molting Help?

Leepbby

Arachnopeon
Just wait it out, not sure why you are worried. There's nothing you can or should do.

I read you are concerned " I don’t know how long she’s been like that"

Well none of us know either hahah. When Ts molt you have only1 choice wait it out, and they either survive or die, that's it.

So many people ask about this 1 aspect, and I don't know why they do ask. Do owners think they should be helping out??
They are new owners and I don't know about you but many of us even KNOWING what is supposed to happen when you SEE it for the first time it can still be nerve wrecking. I don't see any harm in asking the question that is what this board is HERE for and what we are all looking for is support not snide responses that may only make someone afraid to ask the next question that could indeed help with getting the right answers. I just think you could be a little more compassionate rather than ridicule them

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
and several were arboreals that took a tumble mid-molt. Its a rare occurrence.
Yeah I had this happen to me as well with an Avicularia Avicularia and a Caribena versicolor, both made it through, the A. avic lost a few legs I didnt intervene, as in trying to help it out of its molt, but get it back on it's back after it fell down its web tube and landed on legs now stuck underneath it.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
They are new owners and I don't know about you but many of us even KNOWING what is supposed to happen when you SEE it for the first time it can still be nerve wrecking. I don't see any harm in asking the question that is what this board is HERE for and what we are all looking for is support not snide responses that may only make someone afraid to ask the next question that could indeed help with getting the right answers. I just think you could be a little more compassionate rather than ridicule them
Show the people who have been accepting the lack of competence of others for years, a little more respect.

Leepbby

Arachnopeon
Show the people who have been accepting the lack of competence of others for years, a little more respect.
The same should be said for both sides .... I'll just agree to disagree

The same should be said for both sides .... I'll just agree to disagree

Allow newbies to gain their footing its not hurting anyone by giving knowledge.

Sambro

Arachnosquire
Molting can take quite a while. I've had two slings molt recently.
One was my Thrixopelma pruriens, which is around 2cm. And my Lasiodora Parahybana was laid out on its back for a few hours once I got back home from work. I checked before I went to sleep at 12 am and had not made any progress in molting. By this morning, it's fully molted.

But just shows they can be on their back preparing to molt for hours before starting the process, then will take hours to finish too.

Always worth reaching out to the forum for this kind of information, I would recommend checking out Toms big spiders.
He has a lot of information for beginners and molting is a topic fully covered. With a lot of Dos and Don'ts.

Here is an article on just molting too

harinthica

Arachnopeon
Molting can take quite a while. I've had two slings molt recently.
One was my Thrixopelma pruriens, which is around 2cm. And my Lasiodora Parahybana was laid out on its back for a few hours once I got back home from work. I checked before I went to sleep at 12 am and had not made any progress in molting. By this morning, it's fully molted.

But just shows they can be on their back preparing to molt for hours before starting the process, then will take hours to finish too.

Always worth reaching out to the forum for this kind of information, I would recommend checking out Toms big spiders.
He has a lot of information for beginners and molting is a topic fully covered. With a lot of Dos and Don'ts.

Here is an article on just molting too
Thanks so much for the info! I’ll be sure to check it out. I’m trying my best to learn absolutely as much as I can - there’s just so much info it’s a little overwhelming at times. 😓

Timc

Arachnosquire
Thanks so much for the info! I’ll be sure to check it out. I’m trying my best to learn absolutely as much as I can - there’s just so much info it’s a little overwhelming at times. 😓
There is a whole lot of information but the good thing is you don’t need to learn it all at once. Just take it one day at a time, and with an Aphonopelma chalchodes you’ll have plenty of days to learn lol. I’ve been keeping spiders over twelve years and still learn new things. It’s part of the fun of the hobby.

harinthica

Arachnopeon
I‘m just going to add it here instead of making a new thread.
It‘s been about 5 days or so since my T molted. It‘s more active now, exploring its enclosure more. I‘m worried because it‘s been 10 days since I last fed it. When is a good time to try doing a feeding?

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
It‘s been about 5 days or so since my T molted. It‘s more active now, exploring its enclosure more. I‘m worried because it‘s been 10 days since I last fed it. When is a good time to try doing a feeding?
10days is nothing to worry about, it can go muuuuuch longer than that, but make sure it has access to clean water after the molt that is what is of absolute importance. How soon to feed, depends on how big the size of the tarantula is, with how fast the fangs fully harden and turn jet black.

cold blood

Staff member
How long you wait to feed will depend on the size of your t...for a sling 5 days is plenty....a juvie will need more time, an adult could need weeks.

It would take a good 6 months or more to starve your t to death...10 days is like missing breakfast for a t.