A Chalcodes In Hiding

MrTCollector

Arachnopeon
So my A Chalcodes has been in her hide all day, I've checked on her and she isn't dead. She was so active last night, and today, not as much. Her enclosure has been an 84℉ constant, and it never seemed to bother her, so I'm wondering what's up. Should I be worried?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Perfectly normal T behaviour. In fact, a T hiding is more normal than a T roaming around its enclosure ;)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
how long have you had it?

Beautiful species btw :)

This is nothing to be concerned about. Sounds like regular T behaviour.

MrTCollector

Arachnopeon
how long have you had it?

Beautiful species btw :)

This is nothing to be concerned about. Sounds like regular T behaviour.
I've only had her about 3 days already.. so I'm still learning. I just want to make sure she's okay and such lol

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I've only had her about 3 days already.. so I'm still learning. I just want to make sure she's okay and such lol
Good. It is a hardy animal. Any serious problems should become obvious. You picked up a very nice species. Good luck :D

MrTCollector

Arachnopeon
Good. It is a hardy animal. Any serious problems should become obvious. You picked up a very nice species. Good luck :D
Alright thank you :D I picked her up from Ken with Some Meal worms for $92, and she's a 3 inch T :) Already happy with her.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Your T is fine. Do you think they are living la vida loca 24/7? ;)

Welcome to the hobby. I strongly suggest you read on the forum here about tarantulas. Your Ts life may depend upon it some day, as it relies on you to survive and THRIVE.

There will be a number of questions, this one included, that has been asked "thousands" of times and answered. About 99% of most beginner questions that you will have regarding T husbandry have already been asked/answered. Also, Google indexes the forum as well. If you read something and don't understand, ask away.

Hellblazer

Arachnosquire
Try to resist the urge to move its hide to check on it. You don't want to disturb it if it's molting.

Estein

Arachnoknight
Not only is this normal T behavior, this is also normal new keeper behavior. ;) I'd wager most of us have been there--I still often wonder what's going on when I see my little ones doing something unexpected. As has been said, poke around the forums (as you've been doing) and you'll pick up lots of handy info to give your gal a long and healthy life. Congrats on your first T!