A. Chalcodes bite report

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
The fact that in the U.S everyone say Tarantula/s instead of Theraphosidae trigger my fantasy u_u

Now everyone knows that, if someone calls one of this couriers, let's say FedEx, saying stuff like:
"Can I pack and ship legally a Taranchula to another folk using your service?"
the answer would be "No! :rage:"
but what if those would replace Tarachula with Theraphosidae?

I tell you, the answer would be: "Theraphosidae? Sure, certainly by jove! :pompous:"

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I want to enter in one of those Petco shops and ask to the manager if he/she can show me his/her assortment of Theraphosidae :pompous:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
The fact that in the U.S everyone say Tarantula/s instead of Theraphosidae trigger my fantasy u_u

Now everyone knows that, if someone calls one of this couriers, let's say FedEx, saying stuff like:
"Can I pack and ship legally a Taranchula to another folk using your service?"
the answer would be "No! :rage:"
but what if those would replace Tarachula with Theraphosidae?

I tell you, the answer would be: "Theraphosidae? Sure, certainly by jove! :pompous:"
Is that how you think English speakers talk? o_O

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Btw I can't understand even how certain Italians talk :)

See this video below as a perfect example: a commercial of a Southern Italian company that was involved in every kind of stuff involving cars demolition (including toxic material ones maybe not properly disposal the right way) years ago, now still in activity... well, I swear, I can understand only the registrated voice (in official Italian) but only 20/30% max max 40% of what he and the lady posing as his daughter say ah ah the only thing I managed to understand is "Tell to mommy that I put mommy as well into the scrap area" :rofl:

Has to be N°1

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Any of you guys been bit recently
Nope, not once in the 10 months (I know, still a noob) I've been keeping Tarantulas (and I have an OW that I got as an unwanted freebie) and I'd like to keep it that way.

I have 3 sets of tongs for maintenance and I pretty much only use the 2 longer pairs for working with anything other than tiny slings.
DSC00004.JPG

I got the urge to handle out of my system pretty quickly so I don't handle my Tarantulas at all anymore unless I can't possibly avoid it (I.e. a sling bolts out of its enclosure and onto my hand), any maintenance that requires me to put my hands into the enclosure is only done if I can isolate the T to a part of its enclosure (I.e. if the T is in a burrow then I'll cover the entrance with something so it can't get out) or if I remove the T from the enclosure first using this contraption fashioned out of a large coke bottle (coax the T into the bottle, put the lid end in to trap the T, do maintenance-y stuff, remove the lid end and poke a straw through the hole in the bottom to coax the T back out again, simples).

DSC00005.JPG DSC00007.JPG DSC00006.JPG

My arboreals and my one OW specimen (which can lap a medium KK in the time it takes me to even register that it's moved) will all retreat to their favoured hiding places when disturbed but I'm aware of their position at all times during maintenance to try and avoid surprises.

Last edited:

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
I have several parrots that have bitten me,,, a beak that can remove a finger is not fun. I've been bitten by my daughters rabbit (flemmish giant) also not fun ,,,, dammm big teeth,, didn't like me cleaning his ears. But no bites from my T's I respect there privacy:)

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I was feeding tonight and a couple too many lateralis jumped in my A chalcodes (same size as the OP) enclosure. I reached in to grab one out and she came charging out of her hide. First time. They all have their moment. She didn't get me and it was kind of entertaining, like Scrappy Doo. "Lemme at 'em".

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Some do.....
The original version of tarantula is pronounced ta-ran-tula, with the T pronounced like the T in 'tea'. English/US sometimes pronounce it like 'ta-ran-chula

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Dude, you really should stop handling those, don't you know it is dangerous? Mosquitos kill people!
:D
No wai! This is a super docile species and it only bit me the one time, and it will never happen again. I only handle it like once a week anyway. If it tries to bite me, I'll stop it next time.