A. Chalcodes bite report

cold blood

Staff member
I was using tongs, I just put my hand in more than usual
It pays to have a good variety. Although I can't say I would be using the long ones for a 3" chalcodes.

I only handle my other t when I need to clean her substrate and enclosure and that's only about 2-3 times a year unless Something happens
I see this from time to time, and it must come from pet stores who want to continually sell you substrate. Substrate doesn't need to be changed unless its got a severe mold or pest infestation.

Substrate doesn't just go bad, and tarantulas aren't really dirty animals. Just pick out the boli and don't leave dead prey in there and it will be fine for a long time. I have sub in with my rose hair that's well over a decade old....I have no intentions of changing it just for the sake of.

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
As for watering your ts.... I use this awesome thing called a spray bottle. Not only does it let you mist spray..... it lets you spray a stream of water from a safe distance.....You should invest in one :cool:

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
It pays to have a good variety. Although I can't say I would be using the long ones for a 3" chalcodes.

I see this from time to time, and it must come from pet stores who want to continually sell you substrate. Substrate doesn't need to be changed unless its got a severe mold or pest infestation.

Substrate doesn't just go bad, and tarantulas aren't really dirty animals. Just pick out the boli and don't leave dead prey in there and it will be fine for a long time. I have sub in with my rose hair that's well over a decade old....I have no intentions of changing it just for the sake of.
What's boil

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
What's boil

A boil is a painful, pus-filled bump under the skin caused by infected, inflamed hair follicles. Boli or bolus is a small rounded mass of a substance, especially of chewed food ....aka what your tarantula doesn't suck out of its prey and leaves behind. You're welcome.

cold blood

Staff member
I see it now...you are referring to boli.

Boli is the plural for bolus...a bolus is what's left after a meal, its a ball of the undigestible parts of the prey

Like rabi is the plural for rabbit...errr, wait....now I'm confusing myself.:bored: Disregard.:bag:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
If you ask me, without the will to sound pompous at all (I swear) for me is more easy to end tagged by a true spider rather than a Theraphosidae.

Not because I was bitten, eh... for that like an idiot, back then, I've asked for a bite (grabbed the spider in hand, while he/she was out in full night, lol) but because they are, if possible, more unpredictable than T's. Only their way (obviously) of bite... they can bite someone when they want while on the hand, they don't need to 'stand' like T's and using chelicerae like pickaxe for that.