A.Chacoana (Bolivian Pink Salmon) question

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've had this 1/4" sling for roughly 6 months now and it still hasn't molted. However, all of my other supposed "slow growing" slings that I purchased at the same time, have all molted at least once.

Are these guys slow growers?

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wouldn't say that, but they are not very fast, my sling has molted twice during the spring if I remember correctly, and that sling is fed quite well and housed with normal temps like 22-24 degrees Celcius. Suppose it molts every other month or so, compared to once a month like my average sling does.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
In my (small) experience with this species, I've found them to be rather slow-growing. I've had one now for about a year and it's molted once - still around 1" in size.

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeap, I have had two for about 5 months and they molted once too... they are about 0,5'' inches. They are slower than my G. rosea, lol...

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i just want it to molt and enlarge already. they have awesome abdomens! haha

Harrod

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I must have and odd ball. Mine has molted 3 times since April and went from 1/4" to 1 1/2". It has a very large appetite.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I must have and odd ball. Mine has molted 3 times since April and went from 1/4" to 1 1/2". It has a very large appetite.
first off, what conditions are you keeping it in!?

hahhaaa..what is your secret sir?

Harrod

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I keep mine in a normal terrestrial setup. It has about 4 inches of subsrate that I keep fairly dry. I feed it twice a week its always hungry.

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Aphonopelma do tend to be slow-growing. All of my Brachy's grow faster than my A. hentzi, which has been renamed Peter Flipping Pan.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
HAHA! Sweet! she actually just molted last nite. now she's about 1/2-3/4"

thanks for the responses still.

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And oh by the way, this little 2 cm spider is one of the meanest, most ferocious, wicked little killers I've seen. I bet it's a male, and I'll cry rivers if I'm right.