A burrowing P. Ornata????

adbdasT

Arachnopeon
Anyone else seen this behavior? Fun to watch, but im wondering if the little guy is unhappy with his, IMO, very cool arboreal set up (Temp/Humidity regulated very carefully). Anything?

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Most pokies tend to burrow as youngsters. Some don't, but the majority of mine have created burrows by filling webs with dirt and making tunnels.

hcsk8ter

Arachnopeon
By "burrowing" do you mean a channel under its hide? A lot of arboreals do this, as the Lograkor states, "as juvemiles". My P. Regalis does this as well. She is a sub-adult female.

If you mean a full-fledged burrow in the dirt, no, they are not suppose to do that. Care to elaborate or have pictures?

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thx. (message is too short, so that's why i'm typing the stuff in parynthesis)

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Anyone else seen this behavior? Fun to watch, but im wondering if the little guy is unhappy with his, IMO, very cool arboreal set up (Temp/Humidity regulated very carefully). Anything?
plenty of threads about pokies burrowing as youngsters available via the search engine (points to top right corner of page...small white font in the blue cross-screen bar :D)

coolguyluke

Arachnopeon
By "burrowing" do you mean a channel under its hide? A lot of arboreals do this, as the Lograkor states, "as juvemiles". My P. Regalis does this as well. She is a sub-adult female.

If you mean a full-fledged burrow in the dirt, no, they are not suppose to do that. Care to elaborate or have pictures?
Yeah. My P. ornata made a shallow hide under the branch and moss. It just moved some of the top substrate to squeeze in under the moss. I'll try to get a pic up in a bit.