A bittersweet day

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
So this morning I checked on my Monocentropus balfouri pair that were cohabited together in hope of mating.

I walked in to find my stunning MM laying dead. :( There no sign of him being attacked by the female. I think his time was up.

Here he is -
View media item 36339
He had only been in for a few weeks but I hadn't seen any signs of them attempt mating. I couldnt be sure that he did the deed. He was the largest MM of this sp I have seen though he seemed pretty sluggish at times.

About an hour or so ago I put in a new MM from a different colony into the enclosure to cohab with her. They seemed uninterested at the time so I turned the lights off and left the T room.

About an hour I went back in to the room to place a rehoused GBB back on one of my shelves and when I walked in the little blighter was already at It and going strong :rofl::cigar:

Here are some photos..

When introduced -
image.jpeg

When I came back (sorry couldnt get clear photos as didnt want to remove lid and disturb) -
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

.. Loads of long insertations. He was a happy chappy indeed :). I'm glad Big Momma let him off gently.

He didn't like the new surroundings so when she told him off and he bolted I took him out and put him in his house to go again with another female sometime soon.

Bittersweet I suppose.

tetracerus

Arachnosquire
Oh no, sorry to hear about the first MM :( He was such a stunning specimen. Perhaps there is some way to preserve him for a display?

Congrats on the breeding though! Hoping that you get lots of balfouri babies :D

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Oh no, sorry to hear about the first MM :( He was such a stunning specimen. Perhaps there is some way to preserve him for a display?

Congrats on the breeding though! Hoping that you get lots of balfouri babies :D
Thanks. AI need to find a way to keep him fresh and then maybe cast him in rezn. I have no idea to do this though. I am sure there is some info on the boards somewhere.