a. bicoloratum dying???

guitarlust

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i made a discovery today that has me a little concerned. my a. bicoloratum sling has been hidden for the past two months and i thought it was buried more towards the middle of the container. it was actually buried along the side of the container to where i can see it. when i noticed it today it had its legs curled up underneath its body. is there anything to do to try and help it recover such as offering a piece of food to see if it will eat or what not?? any help would be greatly appreciated. i know that death is possible at any moment with Ts, but i would love to see my 1/4 inch sling grow larger.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i made a discovery today that has me a little concerned. my a. bicoloratum sling has been hidden for the past two months and i thought it was buried more towards the middle of the container. it was actually buried along the side of the container to where i can see it. when i noticed it today it had its legs curled up underneath its body. is there anything to do to try and help it recover such as offering a piece of food to see if it will eat or what not?? any help would be greatly appreciated. i know that death is possible at any moment with Ts, but i would love to see my 1/4 inch sling grow larger.
With slings that small it's difficult to help them. I would just bump the humidity up and give it something to drink, moving it now could stress it and really kill it. Do you have any pics? Is it the "typical" death curl position?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
First your sure hes not on his back? I just had to make sure first.
If you think hes in trouble and showing signs of dying I would gently tip the container and get him out and check on him.

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi!

Did she molt since you got her?
Can you see the size of her abdomen?
how is the humidity in there?
Adult A.bicoloratum like it dry but 1/4" sling on the other hand need humidity.

Take care!

Alain

guitarlust

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
First your sure hes not on his back?
no, the sling is not on its back. the humidity has been kept on the moist side and i offer food once a week, normally. given that the sling has been buried and i thought it was in pre-molt i have not given it food. i have a piece of food in there now and i hope it will eat it. given that its just a sling i know there is not much i can do.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hm, in that condition it is not likely it will eat. i would move it, even though it's more stress, but there might be a chance to save it. so that's what i would do:

1. dig it out carefully
2. make sure it is not dead yet (any reaction like slight twichting will do)
3.check it for mould - small slings that are kept very humid sometimes get mould, which kills them. if there is any mould, get it off with a q-tip and some alcohol
4. put it in an icu, moist but not wet

however, such a small sling with the legs curled under - doesn't sound good, sorry. :(

guitarlust

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
however, such a small sling with the legs curled under - doesn't sound good, sorry. :(
yeah, i'm just preparing for the worst now. its probably only a matter of time now. that sucks too, a. bicoloratum is such a beautiful species.

guitarlust

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
just to update in case those who posted check this periodically. the little guy is doing fine. i have kept it humid and it eventually ate after offering a food item. the abdomen is plump and the legs are no longer curling underneath.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey congrats, that does not happen to often. Death curl usually means just that the fate is sealed. But those few times it does not happen are awesome.
Glad you little guy will hopefully live on to get some more color and make it to adulthood.