A. Avicularia problems(?)

Beni

Arachnopeon
Hello! About a month or so ago I got a little pinktoe and for weeks she refused food,so I assumed premolt and stopped bothering her. And she molted (8 days ago) and two days ago she started crawling around the bottom of her tank fully spread out at night. So I've been offering her wax worms and she's been refusing. I know they can go a while without eating for no reason but I'm just worried that I'm doing something wrong. She is my first T and I'm trying my best not to make any mistakes.
(additional info: the place I got her from would throw crickets in her tank,she's roughly an inch big, has a clean water dish thats not too big, two plants (one fake and one real), and a tall tank that she can climb around in)

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Please provide a pic of the enclosure. Would help us determine a number of things including if it has adequate cross ventilation.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
They stretch out like that after molting to help expand their new exoskeletons. I wouldn't necessarily be concerned that's it's been 8 days. I've had tarantulas go for up to 2 weeks after molting before they were ready to eat.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello! About a month or so ago I got a little pinktoe and for weeks she refused food,so I assumed premolt and stopped bothering her. And she molted (8 days ago) and two days ago she started crawling around the bottom of her tank fully spread out at night. So I've been offering her wax worms and she's been refusing. I know they can go a while without eating for no reason but I'm just worried that I'm doing something wrong. She is my first T and I'm trying my best not to make any mistakes.
(additional info: the place I got her from would throw crickets in her tank,she's roughly an inch big, has a clean water dish thats not too big, two plants (one fake and one real), and a tall tank that she can climb around in)
Strongly suggest you keep reading or you may end up with a T with a damage fang from feeding too early- that may lead to a dead T 💀

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Based off your description of the set up, it may not be entirely appropriate. Please post pictures and read up as Viper said!