A. avicularia possible molt/pre-molt?

Tattoosandtarantulas

Arachnopeon
Hello,
recently the past couple of days my A. avicularia has been laying partially on its side. It has part of its body laying on the substrate and the other part up against the enclosure. It is a juvenile if that matters. I'm not sure if it could be molting soon? It hasn't created a web tunnel or a molting mat but it's refused food for the past 2 weeks and it's abdomen looks a little bigger but just about the same as it always looks, no color changes, just a bit bigger. There is a tiny bald spot and its black underneath but it's been like that for a couple weeks so I haven't thought anything of it. I'm letting it do its own thing just in case it could be in pre-molt but I just wanted some opinions on what could be happening, or if it's totally fine and I'm just overreacting.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Without pictures of the T and its entire enclosure, nobody will be able to help. ;)

Tattoosandtarantulas

Arachnopeon
Without pictures of the T and its entire enclosure, nobody will be able to help. ;)
1392DAD3-2F9A-4E47-B7F4-FA0EE7B9C8C4.jpeg D601BBC7-1F14-4109-A91A-1D1E9951A7BB.jpeg 2DDEADBD-C013-4E0E-8CD5-0E652F2E2160.jpeg 5E34BA84-57D1-49B0-A5EC-31C3F889BA36.jpeg
here is a picture of it’s enclosure and the best I could get with the T being in the spot it’s in. The enclosure is temporary, I ordered it a nice acrylic one because frankly that’s what I prefer anyways but that was two weeks ago and it still hasn’t shipped unfortunately

cold blood

Staff member
the enclosure is fine, it could be set better though, and its entirely too damp in there....too much moisture is VERY detrimental to avics in most situations.

Tattoosandtarantulas

Arachnopeon
the enclosure is fine, it could be set better though, and its entirely too damp in there....too much moisture is VERY detrimental to avics in most situations.
Thank you for letting me know about the moisture, I will fix it, how would you recommend setting the enclosure?

cold blood

Staff member
Thank you for letting me know about the moisture, I will fix it, how would you recommend setting the enclosure?
wood should extent to the top...the top is where they want to live usually....and surround the wood with plants (plastic)...clutter around the wood gives anchor points and encourages webbing.

Keep the enclosure dry and just keep a water dish.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Avics are super easy to setup - a cork slab slice at a 45 and dish is all you need.