A.avicularia *PIC*

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
I also bought this sling from the Michigan Reptile Show! It is 1/2" right now, living in a delicup! Here is a Pic! Enjoy!

James

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
awww.. look at that sweetheart :) she is so cute! You have a darling lil' fellow there.

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They sure are cute as spiderlings, adorable!
One suggestion, if that's the delicup the spider lives in, I'd suggest putting a small branch or something in the cup for it to build its web against. Otherwise it would probably build its web against the lid, making it harder to open the cup. Just a thought.
good luck with your new wittle avic!
Greetz,
Joozt

JDK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Avic

Is it me or are there stripes on the abdomen? Or do avic slings just have stripes...

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Re: Avic

Originally posted by JDK
Is it me or are there stripes on the abdomen? Or do avic slings just have stripes...
They have stripes if you want i can send you a pic!

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are slings as deathly afraid of the ground as adults ? :)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I have both A avic and A braunshauseni slings, they both have stripes, and to my eyes, look identical!
They are super cute though!

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmm Holley(or is it Holly? Is it different from the bush?) I wouldn't be overly worried about that, but the thought would be in my mind at least, that the Braunshauseni could be another kind of avic, since it's been relatively newly described, and people can have a bad tendencey to mix things up :rolleyes:
Though, if ordered from a reputable sling-dealer I wouldn't worry. Though in my case it could never be so, but anyway. And besides, most avic slings look rather alike at first I think.
Enough of my past-midnight ramblings.

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have the Goliath pinktoe too Holley and you are right about the stripes. I did get mine from a reputable dealer so I'm not going to worry, but I agree with you on them looking alot alike as slings. Anyways, they are really adorable as slings.
Good luck James:)

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
greenbottle slings also look almost identical to a. avics... my GBBs are a little bulkier and my a.avics have that little tiptoe walk so i can, thankfully, tell them apart. labelling is key! :)

kellygirl