A.avicularia MOULTED!!!!!!!!!

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
I woke up this morning and my Pinktoe was moulting!! It has hardened up and looks awsome!!! It went from 3" to 4" I think that is what it looks like! This is the first T that moulted in my care! I am so happy!!!! It is so beautiful!!! One thing was it moulted with 2 crickets with him! But he went on the middle of the cage, and made a web and fell on his back and started moulting! I love my pinktoe!!! Thanks,

James

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats great James.:D
Did you take any pictures?

Ernie

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
sexing!

How can I tell if it is a male/female by looking at its moult? Thanks! It is now around 4", is it now an adult or still a juvie? how many more moults untill it is ready for breeding? Thanks,

James

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats James,hope its the first of many.
Chid

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cool deal James!
At 4", it's definitely a juvie. Your best bet from there is to wait a few days (5 won't hurt) before feeding to make sure the fangs are good and solid. Better safe than sorry.
As far as sexing goes, go to the links page here at Arachnopets, scroll down and you'll see a link to some info on sexing T's.

Congrats!

Atrax

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
uh oh!!!

Originally posted by Atrax
Cool deal James!
At 4", it's definitely a juvie. Your best bet from there is to wait a few days (5 won't hurt) before feeding to make sure the fangs are good and solid. Better safe than sorry.
As far as sexing goes, go to the links page here at Arachnopets, scroll down and you'll see a link to some info on sexing T's.

Congrats!

Atrax
I still have 2 crickets with him!!! I will be home at 9PM now its 8PM! Is that ok! So should I take them out as soon as I get home? Thanks,

James

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmmm...at this point, it's best to disturb your T as little as possible. If you think removing the crix will disturb the avic more than just leaving them, then that's your best bet. If you can remove them without bothering the T, then remove them.
If your T has a way to get away from the crix, like climbing up higher in the enclosure, you're probably ok.

Atrax

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

Originally posted by Atrax
Hmmm...at this point, it's best to disturb your T as little as possible. If you think removing the crix will disturb the avic more than just leaving them, then that's your best bet. If you can remove them without bothering the T, then remove them.
If your T has a way to get away from the crix, like climbing up higher in the enclosure, you're probably ok.

Atrax
He/She does move away, and they stay away from him! He/She is HUGE! to me that is! Thanks ATRAX!

James

T

Tarantula

Congratulations on your first molt of a spider in your care. It is always a thrill.