A. avicularia eggsac

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well my A. avic laid her eggsac yesterday. its pretty large, almost as big as her, and very well rounded. lets hope i do a better job with this one than the H. maculata:rolleyes:

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Good luck with the eggsack,
Did you do the breeding or was she wild caught?
Are Avic's good moms or egg eatters?

Ernie

NorthwestInverts

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I personally have never had one eat the sac. Have had 6 a
avcic. eggsacs over the years and none were ate, destroyed or otherwise. One mom was actually shipped to me in a delicup with an eggsac and after setting her and the sac up in a new
home, she was fine and continued to hatch out the sac
a month and a half later with no probs.
I did pull a sac from one of the moms, just for the purpose of cycling a new mechanical incubator that i had built at the time and it turned out perfect as well.

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
How many?

How many slings usually come from an A. avic egg sac?

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Did you do the breeding or was she wild caught?
i did the breeding, was my first attempt too:D .

How many slings usually come from an A. avic egg sac?
ive heard the average final yield is somewhere around 80. im prepared for however many there are though, as i know have many containers left i thought id use on the other failed project.

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Good luck with that egg sack. My Avic. was also a great mom and hardly even put the egg sack down( just to tidy up her web a couple of times ). I ended up with 62 slings from mine.

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well as of now they've all been sold to Kane Zoological, with the exception of the ones sent to the winner of the arachnocontest, Jeff, and the six i kept for future breeding projects with my two other bloodlines.

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's strange to see a thread start and then skip to 4 months later at the bottom.

Well anyway, I'm glad the sac survived and all your slings came out well.