A. Avicularia Camo?

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was wondering if it is normal for an A avicularia to camo there webs.

She made a really cool web in the top part of her tank and the next day I noticed that she had taken little bits of her substrate and scattered it all over the front of her little web.

I thought it was really cool and was wondering if anyone else noticed there T doing the same thing.

I am also wondering, Does it harm the T to tear down the web from time to time? I dont mean like every day or even once a week but like once every couple weeks or so?

-Charlie

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes,my avic's do it,in fact all my arboreals do it.
I wonder if its something to do with cutting out the light ?
Chid

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
@godzilla

WOw i'm so glad i'm not the only one using
greek mytholigical names for their t's

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You know, I was thinking of naming my second Pinktoe who's just a sling Ophelia when she gets older.

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Charlie,

If you repeatedly tear down the avics web, it may eventually give up on making one. Also, when it comes to molting time it will spend a significant amount of time closed up in its webby retreat. It's best to leave it be during the this premolt period. If it has a large enough space, and enough places in it's container to make webs, it will sometimes leave it's old retreat and make a new one. But if you want to encourage it's webbing behavior, I would suggest not making it a habit of tearing down its web.

Best wishes,

Paul

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey at least your Avic will web...the pinktoe I gave my nephew for his birthday at the beginning of May still hasn't even attempted to begin a web, and she can't be stressed because she ate 5 crickets today!

Risto

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just love what Pandora was able to do with her webbing and dirt. I find the closer to a molt an Avioc gets too, the more it webs. Pandora's rump is getting quite large and very bald. Last time this happened it took her monthes to molt so I guess she's geerong up for her several month premolt countdown.