A. avics and white crusty stuff around mouth

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got a mature male today, and there is dried white stuff around the mouth and I assume its only dried poop. I did a search for threads with the word "white" in thread titles. Try it, there is an AMAZINGLY high number of A. avics who have white stuff on their mouths who may or may not be wiping it on the side of the tank. Are these guys just more likely to get feces mouth crust or something? It seem to be very regular from the way the threads kept consistently coming up.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The only time that you will have to worry with white stuff in general I have found is when its wet white stuff, or moving white stuff. Dry white stuff seems to be just fine.
With my two little avics I have seen that white buildup before, and I am not sure if its residual from cleaning or they walked across their own poo.... I dont know for sure, but it flakes of easy and seems to do nothing harmful.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah im not too worried about it, its just that A. avics seem to get this more than any other tarantula, or else its just more reported than other tarantulas