A. avic suposed to act like this?

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have had an A. avic for a short time now (like a month) and Like 2 weeks ago I noticed it was being wierd. It was all bunched up (not a death curl) just legs hugging it's body. I left for a few days and It had made a little bit of a web on its perch (not a tube web just like mat) and it has sat their most of the time since, not accepting food. (I'm thinking pre molt also because its pads are very worn down) But Is it normal for it to be scrunched up and not really move at all (it's alive, if u ever so slightly blow on it, it jumps into avic mode!). Could it be like this because mabey it needs more humidity? I was told that regular humidity is fine for them. The cheap humidity gage I got says around 60. Should I try to raise it and will it be less scrunched up? It used to sit on the wall all spread out. Any ideas?:?

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would just leave it alone. As long as it's clinging & not on the substrate, I wouldn't be to worried. Mine stays in the same spot & sometimes she does the scrunching thing. I've never seen her move, but her crickets disappear & she can cling, so I don't worry.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would just leave it alone. As long as it's clinging & not on the substrate, I wouldn't be to worried. Mine stays in the same spot & sometimes she does the scrunching thing. I've never seen her move, but her crickets disappear & she can cling, so I don't worry.
Leave it alone,and make sure shes properly hydrated,to me it sounds like premolt.Avicularia act pretty strangly IMHO a monbth or two before a molt.

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
mine scrunch up her back legs and puts out her front legs when she lays down but thats just when she is in the tight spot in he log but i would leave her alone DON'T PLOW ON HER! when she makes a "ledge" it like 80 percent gonna molt thats what my old one did (RIP) good luck!

kenzie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you're worried about hydration, I would suggest getting a spray bottle and misting the cage every few days if not more. You might already have one, but just a suggestion, since the avics stay up in there leaves instead of down on the ground near a water dish.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine didnt make the perch. I took small peices of sriftwood, glued them together and onto the backdrop. she sits half on it and half on the backdrop. Yeah I'm leaving her alone, I'm not messin with her, was just a little curious about her behaviour. and she has been less scrunched latley. shes been on and off. I'm not worried though.

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
I had a bunch of Avics at one point and half of them end up doing the scrunchy thing :) they are all fine. my little sister says they are giving themselves a hug haha.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I find me avics "scrunch" up when their "pads" get less "sticky". Me theory is that its a way to stay up when they get the clumsiness.