A.avic rehoused ( video)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
As my collection is starting to grow once again I'm finding myself wanting to share all the fun and joy it brings me with others.. Hope you enjoy it guys..

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Ha ha, nice. The chase was on with that one. When they don't have an easy web home to run to they love to run up. That's one of the nice things about a bottom opening enclosure when you lean it on it's side and feed them in the usually run to the top and hunker down.

I thought about doing some videos but like you noted it's hard to do those with one hand while running a camera. Maybe I need to recruit a camera man. :D

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I love the narration!! Very pretty Avic! Reminds me of my A. geroldi.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Ha ha, nice. The chase was on with that one. When they don't have an easy web home to run to they love to run up. That's one of the nice things about a bottom opening enclosure when you lean it on it's side and feed them in the usually run to the top and hunker down.

I thought about doing some videos but like you noted it's hard to do those with one hand while running a camera. Maybe I need to recruit a camera man. :D
Thanks man! Yea she wasn't being cooperative at all... I think its the light from my camera that is sketching them out and making them act a little more skittish.

Yeah it's always nice having a second pair of hands!

AmberDawnDays

Arachnoknight
I noticed your A. Avic has iridescent pads on the tarsus and metatarsus. Is this the norm? My A. Avic has brown looking pads. Is it because mine is young? She's only about 2.5" and I have no idea when her last molt was. I've only had her about a month.

BTW, loved the video. :)

Attachments

Bread

Arachnopeon
Cool vid :)

Id have probably cheated and stuck my hand in (if the gaps big enough) and got her to climb onto it, but my avics a big softy.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I noticed your A. Avic has iridescent pads on the tarsus and metatarsus. Is this the norm? My A. Avic has brown looking pads. Is it because mine is young? She's only about 2.5" and I have no idea when her last molt was. I've only had her about a month.

BTW, loved the video. :)
Thank you! Yea it's normal and is more noticeable on freshly molted specimens like mine.. Lighting plays a big role also as the hairs are reflective.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Cool vid :)

Id have probably cheated and stuck my hand in (if the gaps big enough) and got her to climb onto it, but my avics a big softy.
This girl is very calm as far as not being defensive.. I could handle her with pretty much zero worry of being bitten. I view tarantulas similar to fish for the well being of the T's, Look but don't touch and I try my hardest to practice what I preach..
If I had just let her crawl on me and then manipulated her with my hands I wouldn't of been setting a very good example for the rest of the community..

In all honesty though sometimes I do indulge in the unspeakable "H" word :angelic:..