A. avic new home

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Hey guys! Ive mentioned my new (and first) tarantula in a couple different places. Thought I would share some pics of him and his enclosure.
Notes: its a glass tank on its end. The glass prevented me from adding cross ventilation, but i drilled 30+ holes in the door. I figure that should be sufficient as my room has pretty good natural ventilation.
The enclosure may be a tad too large, but because of questions asked previously, i am confident i can make it work.

Xafron

Arachnosquire
Question for anyone really (and maybe the information would be useful for OP as well). Plastic plants that have the suction cups...in my experience, over time those suction cups become less and less reliable and the plants fall off of glass on a regular basis. Would it be a good idea to glue them to the glass so they don't fall?

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Question for anyone really (and maybe the information would be useful for OP as well). Plastic plants that have the suction cups...in my experience, over time those suction cups become less and less reliable and the plants fall off of glass on a regular basis. Would it be a good idea to glue them to the glass so they don't fall?
Hot glue is exactly what i did. I dont trust suction cups.

cold blood

Staff member
That wood piece of wood is entirely too small...use one that extends closer to the top.

Looks nice.

leaveittoweaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You can try cleaning with vinegar. Hot glue, or attaching to magnets with hot glue has worked best for me though.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I like using aquarium silicone anytime I need to attach stuff to glass. It's worked really well for me.