A. avic molt pic

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Not a great photo, but I had to share a pic of one of my A. avics after its molt. This is a top down shot where you see the awesome tube web she created and the old exuvium still in the tube web. I'll take it out in a few days. She used to have only seven legs, but molted with the eighth, although its thinner than the others. Should be regular size after her next molt.

Attachments

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Not a bad pic at all. Is the eighth leg you mentioned the same length as the others? I find it totally mysterious how they can go from missing a leg to having it after one molt.

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Is the eighth leg you mentioned the same length as the others?
Its the same length as the other legs, but much thinner. Kind of weird, but better than no leg at all. I actually had her for a while before I even noticed she didn't have all eight legs.:rolleyes:

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Did your A. Avic, molt today? Mine just did, here's a picture, notice the water dish below her, she fell into it :( good thing i checked on her, and got her out of the water, she ran up the wall, I'm sure she is really stressed out now. but atleast she's out of the water.

Attachments