A. Avic Help

zombie091294

Arachnopeon
my Avicularia Avicularia, Reaper, hasn’t been eating for a few weeks now, and hasn’t left their web at all. They’re young, i don’t know how young. i think Reaper may molt soon, but i’m wondering if there are any other reasons for reclusiveness and refusal to eat among avics? Here are some pictures of my enclosure if that helps at all.

Attachments

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Hey, welcome.

This enclosure has good ventilation - I use them myself for some Avic slings. Poor ventilation/not enough airflow are common issues with avics, but that shouldn't be the case here. Aside from maybe not enough foliage for it to hide in and feel completely comfortable, I don't see any obvious issues. If it's young, not eating, and has sealed itself in the webbing, it's likely preparing to molt. Make sure it has water (in a dish and put some drops on the web every few days for it to drink) and be patient. It'll come out when it's ready, likely in a pretty new outfit.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
So it’s likely preparing for a molt if it’s sealed itself away and it will eventually come out.

on the enclosure I would add some fake plant cover surrounding the top 25-30% of the bark piece for it to have security and web throughout like such: