A. Avic help.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
If you have a hobby lobby near you, about 10 bucks, and the necessary tools. These are great. Thanks to @CyclingSam, he's the one that originally discovered these as far as I know.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Not my video, but this would usually result in a lost limb or multiple. After said limb or limbs are lost, the T will then plummet to the ground, and possibly rupture it's abdomen. Which results in death.
Excellent, bookmarked that for future proof for all the "I've never seen mine do that", yet they have no 24-7 video recorded proof of seeing it happen. Just the random moments of seeing their T on the sub hahahahaahahh

Hezekiah weatherly

Arachnopeon
Excellent, bookmarked that for future proof for all the "I've never seen mine do that", yet they have no 24-7 video recorded proof of seeing it happen. Just the random moments of seeing their T on the sub hahahahaahahh
The mesh top isn't a big deal clear tape can stop it if she starts to go up there but she hasn't been on the walls just on the fake plants and piece of bark but I'm going to definitely convert this tank to a taller one so... I should have it set up in the next week or so

boina

Lady of the mites
The mesh top isn't a big deal clear tape can stop it if she starts to go up there but she hasn't been on the walls just on the fake plants and piece of bark but I'm going to definitely convert this tank to a taller one so... I should have it set up in the next week or so
Oh for pity's sake. What part about *arboreal species* don't you understand? It WILL climb. There is no *if*. It's *when*. This is a TREE dwelling species. Up is their preferred direction. And you provide it rocks to climb on???:banghead: And fake plants ON THE FLOOR? And a hide ON THE FLOOR? And...I give up. Either you want to learn, and all the resources have been provided to you, or you think you already know everything better and then there is no helping you - and more importantly there is no helping your spider.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
If you get more in the future, it's not really necessary to spend much money setting up an enclosure. I have some in empty pretzel containers with ventilation and cork bark added.
View attachment 233862
This is also a very good example of how they should be setup OP. Refer back to these pics when you get the tank converted, or whatever you end up deciding to do enclosure wise.

Hezekiah weatherly

Arachnopeon
That would work great, just make sure to wash it really really good first. Try to set it up like hellblazers pics. And read viper's wall of text at the start of thread that bob posted if you haven't already lol, it's super helpful.
Ok gotcha :D

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
The "rose hair's" enclosure is overkill. If you do something like that, you need way more substrate in case of a fall, and I'd take out the rocks because falls onto them may cause ruptures. Does it have the same screen that your Avic had before? If so, that should be switched as well.

Hezekiah weatherly

Arachnopeon
The "rose hair's" enclosure is overkill. If you do something like that, you need way more substrate in case of a fall, and I'd take out the rocks because falls onto them may cause ruptures. Does it have the same screen that your Avic had before? If so, that should be switched as well.
I do not have anything else to put on there cage

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
I do not have anything else to put on there cage
Just take out the rocks till you can get some more substrate to put in the tank.

Your avic enclosure looks good now. It's not a must, but if you've got some extra plants, put a few more around the top of the wood. You could have also done without the ventilation on the lid, but it'll still be fine. Just a couple things to keep in mind for future enclosures.

Last edited:

Leila

Arachnobaron
Hun, the mesh top IS a big deal though...I am not saying this to make you feel foolish. :cat: We all simply want you to provide a safe and comfy home for your tarantulas...The video above confirms the danger associated with the mesh. Even if you have your G. rosea housed in that same enclosure, despite the fact that he/she is a terrestrial, he/she might still climb about and meet a grim fate if stuck in the mesh. :(
Please listen to the people here. I am still new to the hobby; but if you are willing to heed advice, there are very experienced hobbyists in this forum who are willing to help and lend valid advice. :)