A. avic. Gets an Upgrade!

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
When my A. avic. last molted, she grew a lot. When she would stretch her legs they would span almost the entire width of her enclosure. This weekend, I built her a bigger one. How big of a water dish do you guys think I need? I have two milk cap sized dishes in there right now. 20161120_200327.jpg 20161120_203006.jpg

Estein

Arachnoknight
Dang, that looks awesome. I don't really have anything that requires much moisture so I'm probably not the best person to answer your question, but dude. That's a swell enclosure.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
I would use a condiment cup as a water dish for an enclosure that size. That's what I use for my A. metallica. They've got a nice depth to them plus they are dirt cheap to boot. Nice setup btw! Any particular reason for the rocks at the bottom of the substrate apart from aesthetics? I hope you don't plan on wetting down that sub!

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
I would use a condiment cup as a water dish for an enclosure that size. That's what I use for my A. metallica. They've got a nice depth to them plus they are dirt cheap to boot. Nice setup btw! Any particular reason for the rocks at the bottom of the substrate apart from aesthetics? I hope you don't plan on wetting down that sub!
Thank you. The rocks are for aesthetics and to add some weight at the bottom of the container. Figured I would have fun with the substrate since my Avic. refuses to set foot on it. I don't plan on wetting the substrate.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
Dang, that looks awesome. I don't really have anything that requires much moisture so I'm probably not the best person to answer your question, but dude. That's a swell enclosure.
Thanks! The base container I used to make it is from Hobby Lobby. It only cost me like 8ish dollars.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Dang, that is super! I wish I was handy enough to make enclosures. I LOVE your sediment layers in the sub.. brilliant!

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
Here is a video that I made. The method is all pretty much the same on all of these. I get the containers at Hobby Lobby. Here is the one used for the big build ( http://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Ho...Cases/15-1-2-x-7-x-6-Clear-Display-Case/p/909 ). The ones here differ from the one in the video in that I have added these cheap hinges from eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/10Pcs-25x32...834381?hash=item542586a6cd:g:iD4AAOSweW5VQEQ0 ) and I used a cut aluminum nail instead of the plastic pin to lock the door. (Note that when the hinges are used, some material has to be removed where the hinge is to allow the door to swing down.)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sam how large is the T now? For Avics up to 4" I use these, hold 15 mL of water each. 6 for 1$. Pills.JPG