a avic from petco

Jimi Thing

Arachnopeon
I bought this little one from petco about 3 days ago. It hasn't eaten yet so I'm thinking I might try tong feeding. Anyway, here's the new enclosure, still have to put something in there for it to climb on.

Oh yeah, my question. Is it normal for these guys to go a few days without eating?

Last edited:

Shimotsukin

Arachnopeon
Just as long as it doesn't have a really really tiny abdomen it's fine, tarantulas can go for weeks without eating

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Great enclosure, love those Good Grips!

Joelolly

Arachnosquire
How big is it and what did you use for an enclosure? I just got my first avic. Its three inches. If you scroll down a bit from your post, you should see it titled "Newest Avic Thoughts"

Jimi Thing

Arachnopeon
Alright, thanks guys! I was a little concerned but I'll keep trying.
joelolly, Its about 2" and the enclosere is an 80oz Better homes storage container purchased at walmart for like $6. It is my 1st diy enclosure, you can learn how to save $$ from this forum.

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Definitely. The info you can find here is invaluable.

I got an A. metallica from the local petco.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
None of the Petco stores in the Dallas area have any Ts at all. When they do have them, it's just G. roseas.

I converted a kitchen jar for my Avicularia sp. "Moji-Toes", then later moved her into one of the triangular betta tanks. She seems much happier in that. She webs both on her cork bark and on the tank sides.

Congrats on your new addition.

Marga