A.avic eating

LasidoraGT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my avic was in the "tree spider" pose for the longest time now shes all spread out, does that mean anything? (hungry.dying.deep thinking.washing dishes? lol)

7mary3

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It means that it's comfy/scared/happy/sad/hungry/thirsty/full/hydrated etc.... Generally speaking, unless your T is doing something truly bizarre, then whatever it is that they're up to is normal. If they've got water then they're ok unless you see extremely mechanical movement or movement that seems to be sluggish and extremely labored. I'm not too sure what you mean by the "tree spider pose" but i think what you're saying is that it was all scrunched up and now it's not. Don't worry 'bout it, it's not a problem. Hunger isn't so much of a thing with Ts either. They're opportunistic eaters. Just keep it at a regular schedule and provide water and it'll be fine for nourishment. Just be happy it's spread out and you can see more of it.

LasidoraGT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah, she was all scrunched up. speaking of eating, if i dropped a crick right below her (shes facing down, at least she was b4 i left for skool) will she go after it right away? i dont know hardly anything about their eating habits

7mary3

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
She may, she may not. It depends on her "mood". Don't leave any unclaimed food item in the enclosure longer than 24 hours though. Do some searches on the site, there are tons of posts that address some of the questions you're asking. Generally speaking, a T does what it wants at all times. And that's the way it should be. Just keep an eye on things and try not to worry too much about anything, Ts are good at staying alive and looking out for #1.

Bark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
#1 rule of Avics: Make sure you have good ventilation. After you think you have made enough holes, drill 5 more.

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We all worry about our T's eating right it goes with the territory. I have found with all my T's I worry far more about their food than they do. When I drop a cricket into my Avic's container she rarely sees me do it but she always eats it. She rarely lets me SEE her eating it though.