A. australis just won't molt...

MoranDisciple

Arachnosquire
My 3" juvie A. australis (not sure what instar), which I purchased at the April 27 Hamburg Reptile show, simply WILL NOT MOLT. I fed it up to the point of looking like a little balloon well over a month ago. It has clearly been in premolt since then, refusing prey and looking plump as ever. I have it in a relatively large tank with very high temps; around 90°f daytime with a ~7° decrease at night. It has a large piece of slate which it spends most of its time under. The molting charts I've seen say
it takes around 33-36 days for a 3i or 4i (I believe mine is around here) to molt on a "power feeding" schedule. I would describe this as my feeding technique since the little guy was probably the most savage scorpion I've ever seen. I was feeding him more than twice a week. His final meal before going into premolt was an adult male orange head roach nearly as long as his body. Another more minor problem is that my juvenile Cyclocosmia ricketti that I purchased one week ago has made a burrow without a trapdoor and refuses to feed despite being quite thin. It is housed in 7.5" of substrate. The sub is topsoil from a local forest; quite high in clay. I was trying to mimic their natural habitat.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
They're very slow growers man I waited a little over a year for my hectors to go from 6i to 7i