Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

A.Australis, hector, lybicus or normal morph?

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by RyoKenzaki, Oct 18, 2008.

1. RyoKenzaki

RyoKenzaki Arachnoknight

Advertisement
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advanc :)

2. Rick McJimsey

Rick McJimsey Arachnoprince Old Timer

That looks more like a Parabuthus species, mossambicensis probably..

3. RyoKenzaki

RyoKenzaki Arachnoknight

After doing some research, it does looks like a parabuthus sp
    I was told it is a Yellow Fat Tail from the seller but he is nt very sure himself as he is not into scorpion
    I notice that this particular sp looks different from the others so i thought its another color morph

Here's the original link of his sale thread
    http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/820115

*Sp2 does not looks like a a.australis too, right?*

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  4. saxman146

saxman146 Arachnobaron Old Timer

The first picture posted on the link IS an Androctonus Australis. The third picture, which is the scorp you have, is probably a Parabuthus M. like stated above. The dude should not be selling those hots if he does not know the proper care and species that they are....:8o

5. errit

errit Arachnolord Old Timer

Certainly looks like parabuthus. nonetheless a very nice specimen. looks like mossambicensis indeed but am not sure. could be easier to identify if you would post another pic(s);)

6. Kugellager

Kugellager ArachnoJester Arachnosupporter

Definitely 'looks' like P.mossambicensis. But, as we all should know, tiny photographs posted on the web or opinions of said photographs expressed in all capital letters are not the definitive method for making the ID of a specimen. Nor is the consensus of the AB peanut gallery ;). At least they shouldn't be.

Would still like to see better photos that are taken from a closer perspective. P.mossambicensis is a likely candidate IMO.

Here is a photo of one I took for comparison.

John
    ];')

Attached Files:

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Arachnopeon

It looks more like a Parabuthus pallidus in my opinion. But like already mentioned this pic is not detailed enough to give a positive ID. Close-up pics of the metasoma will be neccessary if we should try to ID it.

8. RyoKenzaki

RyoKenzaki Arachnoknight

Heh, actually a Parabuthus sp as my 2nd scorp after keeping AFS for more than a year is not that bad
    About the price, was it worth for an exchange of the parabuthus sp?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.