A. Amazonica molt

NatalieMK

Arachnopeon
Our juvenile amazonica just molted after three days of having him/her.. we finally get to determine the sex by the molt.

roughly about how much time is there between molts in juvenile Ts?

what other signs does a T give besides not eating when about to molt?

If you can help us out with these questions please let me know...

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on the molt.. :)

Time between molt can differ on each specimen.. Feeding and temps also play a big role..

If feed well & kept warm.. I was getting a molt every month - every three months.. Like I said though.. Thats depending on each specimen..

Other signs for premolts.. Darkening of the abdomen, becoming sluggish.. To me.. Its easy to notice when an arboreal T is in premolt when they start getting clumsy-er.. They start to loose their footing easier than they would when not in premolt..

Im sure I have not listed some other signs of premolt.. These are just the ones I personally notice when one of my critters are in premolt...

Hope that helps.. :)

NatalieMK

Arachnopeon
Thank you, our A. versicolor has been seeming to slide down on the sides of her terr. when she is just sitting still..and she has fallen off the wall even as to have lost her footing... her tushy seems to look the same color as it did when we got her.

could she possibly molt soon?

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thats also a sign of pre-molt when they lose their footing somewhat. But I made a thread a while back with a very nice picture comparison of a premolt sling and a non pre molt sling. If I can find it i'll post it here so you can have a look.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank you, our A. versicolor has been seeming to slide down on the sides of her terr. when she is just sitting still..and she has fallen off the wall even as to have lost her footing... her tushy seems to look the same color as it did when we got her.

could she possibly molt soon?
Sliding down the enclosure could be a sign or premolt.. It really depends though..
The enclosure, is it new? If it is new the spider just might not be able to get a grip..
If the spider has been in the enclosure for a while & has started webbing.. Then it could be a sign of premolt..

NatalieMK

Arachnopeon
yes she has made a webbing in all four corners of her terr. Today she hasnt moved from the top corner where her burrow is. we tried feeding her but she isnt eating. neither is the other sling who just recently molted on monday.