a 2nd chance to spread the seed

Wink

Arachnopeon
i was at petco today to take advantage of their $1 per gallon aquarium sale...so ofcourse i had to look at the rosies haha...well there was a MM rosie there, i couldnt just let him stay in a pet shop without the chance to spread his seed...and also i didnt want someone to buy it as a first T only to have it pass of old age in 6 mo to a year! so i went ahead and "saved" him i suppose. i have a couple females so i figured why not give him the oppurtunity. i felt pretty good about it, and he is very gentle, i put my hand in and he walked right up without the slightest hesitation :) sorry this isnt a very interesting thread but i just wanted to share. its kinda sad to see mature males sitting in a pet shop....

Wink

Arachnopeon
thank you sir! i do have to say this guy is pretty eager, he is already building a sperm web :D

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i was at petco today to take advantage of their $1 per gallon aquarium sale...so ofcourse i had to look at the rosies haha...well there was a MM rosie there, i couldnt just let him stay in a pet shop without the chance to spread his seed...and also i didnt want someone to buy it as a first T only to have it pass of old age in 6 mo to a year! so i went ahead and "saved" him i suppose. i have a couple females so i figured why not give him the oppurtunity. i felt pretty good about it, and he is very gentle, i put my hand in and he walked right up without the slightest hesitation :) sorry this isnt a very interesting thread but i just wanted to share. its kinda sad to see mature males sitting in a pet shop....
D'awww. At least you spotted him before some unknowing newbie did... :}

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice find. I've only had two mature males so far and they were Psalmopoeus, not rosie but both are pretty jumpy. Good you found a nice G.rosea. X-D

Wink

Arachnopeon
thanks guys :) im pretty happy with it...although i would be alot happier if my female would come out of her burrow to mate lol. on a side note, i also saved a B. smithi that is only about 1.5" from a LPS that was kept in very horrible conditions :( but atleast he/she is in a good home now