$80.00 for a cobalt!!!!!!!

That_Guy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What is the most money you have spent on a T? Or any invert for this matter?

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
$220.00 for two 8-inch legspan wildcaught T. blondi that, after molting, turned out to be female but were not sold as a definite sex.

Adrian

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
$155 for a Poecilotheria miranda sling. I once paid $90 for a wild caught adult female Citharischius crawshayi that lived a whopping 4 weeks.:rolleyes:

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
a whopping......................................................................................................................................................... $ 10.00

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
125 for a supposed Xenesthis monstrosa s'ling.(Hey, the sales pitch was very convincing! Still, I'm a bit wiser now.) I'm pretty sure I was taken for a ride on that one. Still waiting for it to be large enough to taxonomize a molt...which should be very soon. It's just sealed itself in so anytime now. When I can prove it's not what it was sold as, I do expect compensation from the dealer as well.

Atrax

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Um... I think you've been ripped off badly. Lividum only costs around 20-40 bucks.

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i've paid $40 for my 1 inch t. blondi and $40 for my juvie cobalt blue...nothing huge.

Risto

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Was that $80.00 for the H. lividum with or without the shipping? That is alot of $ for a cobalt.

The most I've paid for a T was $75 for a 3"+ A. purpurea.

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am not saying anything! if my wife was to ever see this thread I would be permanently living in our yard shed!
:D
Ed

LunarFaery

ArachnoDiva
Old Timer
I agree with Ed, Im not gonna say an actual dollar amount. My hubby would FREAK but my most expensive T is my 4-5 inch T. Blondi.

Jen

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Well if that $80 for the cobalt is Canadian Price that is pretty decent. I called about 20 petstores today to see what they had up in Toronto and I found quite a few Cobalts with a wide range of prices... at the one store I havent talked to yet on their website they have a 1/2" sling for $34.95 but im not sure if they still have one, there was a store in Windsor selling one for $199 with tank setup (lol) lets just say I dont think I would pay that much considering I can buy a 10 gallon tank for about $11. Another store had one for $60 WC 5" with tank for $60 and sonther for $115 and so on. Up here the price is kinda all over the place for this T.

TheDon

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Static_69
i've paid $40 for my 1 inch t. blondi and $40 for my juvie cobalt blue...nothing huge.

Risto
Ok, what's the point of your respond? So, you paid $40 for your juvie lividum and $40 for juvie t. blondi. Am I right that the reasoning is that $40blondi(juvie) + $40lividum(juvie) = $80lividum(unknown--probably adult).

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Definately my big G. pulchra female - $125 for her. Next would also have to be a G. pulchra. A 3-inch one for $75, which turned out to be a male.
At least I have a potential breeding pair.
Ralph

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I piad 175 for my miranda s'ling, but the most i ever spent on a bug was a 9 inch Puerto Rican centipede for 200 big ones.

That_Guy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by lam
Um... I think you've been ripped off badly. Lividum only costs around 20-40 bucks.
Oh, no! I would never buy a cobalt for $80! I saw one for sale in a pet shop, and they wanted 80 for it. I also saw a curly hair for 5:) But, I didnt have any money on me. So when I get paid ill go back.

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My List

Peruvian Giant Pede-70
Giant White Knee-30
King Baboon-30
Goliath PinkToe-20
Tai Zebra-18
Viet Centi-9.99

House Spiders-$5 for spray

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The highest price I paid for one of my spideys was 30 euro for a subadult B. boehmei.

But 20 euro for 3/4 inch A. brocklehursti was a lot of money too, for such a little one! :)

Dennis

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by lam
Ok, what's the point of your respond? So, you paid $40 for your juvie lividum and $40 for juvie t. blondi. Am I right that the reasoning is that $40blondi(juvie) + $40lividum(juvie) = $80lividum(unknown--probably adult).
Well maybe this is foolishly logical, but I'm guessing the most he's ever spent on one invert is $40.
The original post did ask "what's the most you've ever spent on one invert"......

Themost I've spent on one tarantula is £20 (around $35 I think) for a 2.5" Chilobrachys fimbriatus.