6 New Ball Pythons today! :)

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
I just got my 6 new Ball Pythons in today. 4 of them are normal and 2 of the are het. for albino.

They should do fine in my collection along with the others I have :}

#1 Ball python (Python regius)

#2 Ball python (Python regius)

#3 Ball python (Python regius)

#4 Ball python (Python regius)

#5 Ball python (Python regius)

#6 Ball python (Python regius)

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
bp's are cool. and very easy to breed. only thing i use to get tired of is they can be so picky about food. nice looking snakes and they look like they have been well cared for. good luck with them.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i never used to like balls that much but have slowly started to like them

but i dont plan on ever keeping, right now its boas for me, and retics once I have my own place. (well one retic)

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
nice snakes. are 100% hets? are the het. male or female? i have a 100% het. albino male that looks almost EXACTLY like #6

Last edited:

willywonka

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Okay, I'm new to ball pythons and I'm curious to a few things. Such as, what do you mean by "het" and how can you tell. Is this something that you need to find out from the breeder? Also. I notice that you have yours in rubbermaid containers. Is this something that you can house them in for life? If so, how big of a container must you have?

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Okay, I'm new to ball pythons and I'm curious to a few things. Such as, what do you mean by "het" and how can you tell. Is this something that you need to find out from the breeder? Also. I notice that you have yours in rubbermaid containers. Is this something that you can house them in for life? If so, how big of a container must you have?
het is a abbreviation for heterozygous. meaning they carry the genes for different morphs. example: take 2 100% het. for albino balls, they will (well...should) produce at least one albino snake per egg clutch. make sense? it IS something you have to find out from the breeder. now...the offspring from that same clutch, other than the albino, will be 66% het. for albino, because the gene has been further weeded out by another generation of offspring. so, say that it was a 5 egg clutch, 1 was albino, if you were to pick one of the remaing 4 you have a 66% chance that it has the gene for albinism. make sense? i know its confusing. there is no way to tell if an animal is het. for anything just by visual appearance, you have to know about the parents.

Last edited:

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
and yes you can keep them in rubbermaid containers their whole lives. you just have to get bigger containers the bigger the snake gets. alot of breeders keep them this way on racks. its more effecient.

willywonka

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
and yes you can keep them in rubbermaid containers their whole lives. you just have to get bigger containers the bigger the snake gets. alot of breeders keep them this way on racks. its more effecient.
Can you give me an idea of what size container for a full grown bp?