54F tonight, I had to do a quickie

atrox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It was an awesome 54F tonight. I was super excited about a bog/fen whatever I just found on a hike the other day. So I waited for the sun to fall and headed out. I was rewarded indeed. I found a population of wood frogs in a place I didn't expect them. The chorus frogs ruled the night as far as volume. I was said I didn't hear my beloved toads yet.

The tally was all too many too count of:
Chorus Frogs
Leopard Frogs
Wood Frogs
Spring Peepers
Bull Frogs

I couldn't get close enough to the woodies to get any shots. I didn't realize how hard it is to wield an SLR a Flashlight and a net all at once! Kudos to all the nice shots I see from ponds at night, you guys are studs. I also learned that my boots were tall enough, but my ass got wet when I bent over to get close lol. Here are a few shots that turned out.

This first shot is super crummy but it's a first for me in my home county to get to see them calling. I don't usually try for amphibs too hard. I'm turning a new log this year though.

Little Bull Frog, they're still cute at this size.

This frog was more than uncooperative.

I found that if I focused my attention on clumps like this I had the best luck with the chorus frogs.

This one was found at the base of that clump.

In hand for scale.

He was a handsome little guy.

That's it for today, thanks for taking a look. I was hoping for Tiger Sallies but struck out.

Justin