xXTristinaXx

Arachnobaron
Got it! Quick question regarding substrate, would this work in your opinion?:
Happy Frog Potting Soil
Aspen Snake Bedding
Leaf Litter
Sphagnum moss
Extra worm castings
Chicken calcium pellets (oyster shell and coral calcium)
And then some cocofiber as a bit of filler (in the future will use leaf compost when available).

On top I’ll provide more leaf litter, some cuttlebone, and cork hides. In the spring I’ll look for decomposing wood as well.
I’d say forget the aspen shavings, it works but potting soil usually already has mulch in it and just a waste of money IMO

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I’d say forget the aspen shavings, it works but potting soil usually already has mulch in it and just a waste of money IMO
Got it, thanks! Last question, for Cubaris sp. that are from limestone caves, will chick calcium (oyster and coral) and cuttlebone replace the need for garden lime or powdered calcium carbonate?

xXTristinaXx

Arachnobaron
I’m sure it will, I don’t know but as long as they get there calcium in I believe it’s not a problem. I wouldn’t know just that because I use limestone powder. If you haven’t already you should join the isopod networking page on FB, you’ll question will definitely be answered and it has over 16k members. And there is a lot of great sellers

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I’m sure it will, I don’t know but as long as they get there calcium in I believe it’s not a problem. I wouldn’t know just that because I use limestone powder. If you haven’t already you should join the isopod networking page on FB, you’ll question will definitely be answered and it has over 16k members. And there is a lot of great sellers
Got it! Do you happen to have a photo of the limestone powder you use? Want to make sure I get the correct one. Thanks!

I’m in that group actually haha

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Would something like this work?

xXTristinaXx

Arachnobaron