5 inch female D. Okefinokensis

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Had something horrible happen I have 10 gallon aquarium with a divider and somehow it fell down not sure why or how.

My mistake for now on being housed in separate enclosures.

Anyhow I had a 6" female D. Okefinokensis pics below, and a 5" D. Okefinokensis, the 6" spider ate the 5" spider .

Must have happened last night when I, came out this morning I realized the divider was down and I was like oh crap!

I looked behind the big female's bark hide spot and she, was feasting on the smaller one which is still a huge spider! All that was left were the legs .

You, can see in the photo she's fairly plump looking. I feel bad at least they, didn't both die in a fight. I guess she's got a huge nutritious meal in her. I'm breeding her, today hopefully all goes well.

Attachments

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Nice additions bro, love the size on this species.

Thanks of course they vary in size like all other spiders but fun knowing they have the potential to get very large.

I will have about 3000 slings in about a month or so plan on keeping handful from each sac from different females for future breeding purposes.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Thanks of course they vary in size like all other spiders but fun knowing they have the potential to get very large.

I will have about 3000 slings in about a month or so plan on keeping handful from each sac from different females for future breeding purposes.
Have fun with that!! 🤣

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince

3000 slings !!! How do you even keep track of that ? :rofl:

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
3000 slings !!! How do you even keep track of that ? :rofl:

I won't be keeping them all:) I will have to let them cannibalize a little I do have plenty of fruit flies but 3000 is just to many to keep.

If I lived in Florida or Georga I would just release them

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
3k? Boi you keepin' busy I see.

Also have Dolomedes scriptus and tenebrosus on the way as well not 100% sure on tenebrosus but finger's crossed the sac is fertle.

Just so you guy's know, I dont keep any other species of spiders or tarantulas, so my time and efforts are all dedicated to these three species basically.

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
I won't be keeping them all:) I will have to let them cannibalize a little I do have plenty of fruit flies but 3000 is just to many to keep.

If I lived in Florida or Georga I would just release them
Even after they cannibalize, that will still leave you with quite a lot... and you may have Dolomendes scripts and tenebrosus on the way ? Wow... Good luck and do share some photos when the time comes. :)

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Even after they cannibalize, that will still leave you with quite a lot... and you may have Dolomendes scripts and tenebrosus on the way ? Wow... Good luck and do share some photos when the time comes. :)
I will definitely share photos when they hatch and as they grow .

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Last of the okefinokensis dropped egg sac last night here she, is can't really see the sac but it's there.

Should have another sac hatching in a week or so.

Attachments

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
Alligators in the Okefenokee Swamp are breathing easier now that this predator has been removed into your custody. Their babies are safe!