5 gallon "nano" terrarium

9darlingcalvi

Arachnosquire
this is the tank I have, I was thinking some kind of beetle or something along those lines. No spiders at all, maybe small harmless centipedes

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
"Harmless centipedes" he says :rofl: Aguably, most T's are safer than many centipedes :D You could always go for a scorpion. Those can't climb glass, many can be kept communally in a 5 gal, and they are probably less likely to escape than centipedes. What type of centipedes were you looking at? Garden variety or internet bought?

9darlingcalvi

Arachnosquire
"Harmless centipedes" he says :rofl: Aguably, most T's are safer than many centipedes :D You could always go for a scorpion. Those can't climb glass, many can be kept communally in a 5 gal, and they are probably less likely to escape than centipedes. What type of centipedes were you looking at? Garden variety or internet bought?
Garden kind so maybe lots of rock and see what happens, also some ground beetles and isopods? Can't have spiders or scorpions

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Oh, that stinks. Sounds pretty good to me! Just make sure it stays relatively moist in their enclosure: centipedes dry out faster than most arthropods, so making sure they have water at all times plus moist sub is a must. If you can, you could also try mantids. Great personality, and some species stay relatively small. Sorry if my suggestions are ill-ly placed, just putting ideas out there! :D

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Looks awesome! Looks pretty good for the garden-variety centipedes, it will look especially cool and natural if you do decide to add natural grass :D

9darlingcalvi

Arachnosquire
I have decided against rock centipedes as the main animal and am instead going with ground beetles

9darlingcalvi

Arachnosquire
found 3 of these but accidentally crushed one of them, the one I crushed has some sort of larvae inside so they are pupae. I don't know what kind though

Attachments

9darlingcalvi

Arachnosquire
Thanks, I'm still waiting for the summer to maybe get a few rock centipedes, ground beetles and a larger wolf spider or just get ghost mantises or orchid mantises

9darlingcalvi

Arachnosquire
Here is an update, made the lower half moss and added a few small black ground beetles and baby isopods. Waiting for some march marigolds, clovers and sheet moss. It will house a baby Chorus frog

Attachments

soldierof4cheese

Arachnoknight
I like the grass tufts, But grass does spread. I am also working on a terrarium setup today but its for an Asian Forest scorpion, along with a setup for a African Flat rock and one for a Arizona Hairy scorpion. Three at once, seems to be taking forever. I really like how natural your looks, very nice job.