5.5 gallon question

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get 5.5 or 5 gallon tanks, the ones without the sliding screen lids. Thanks!

Natemass

Arachnolord
Old Timer
petco will have them, most of the time we dont keep them on the floor just ask a employee to look for one out back.

Nate

Natemass

Arachnolord
Old Timer
for some reason they are the same price of the 10 gallons which i think are $12-13 i think something to that nature.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ah your the man Nate, thanks again. I think they are around the same price because the 5.5 gallon is a unique size. I'll stop by my local petco tomorrow sometime.

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The 10's are cheaper because they are mass produced. It is what makes them the same price as the 5.5 ones.

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
5.5's are normally $25.
Where are you buying them?

The normal tanks without an integral sliding lid run about $10-14. Petsmart also carries them (they also have the lids a few bucks cheaper than PetCo).

nomadofthehills

Arachnopeon
Yea, the normal tanks are cheaper. However, a 5.5g sliding lid tank is 21.99 at petsmart, (where I work).

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya I knew the sliding lid ones were more expensive, but thats ot why I don't want them. I don't want them because they don't hold humidity well, so I wanted the ones without the lids and just make my own lids.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i get mine at an aquarium store for 8.99 and make my own lids.
the lids are very easy to make, i get the supplies from home depot
a couple of pieces of wood, a roll of metal mesh, and a staple gun
with the roll of mesh i buy you can make about 4 or 5 lids for a 10 gal tank