5"×5"×5.5" and 8"×8"×10" enclosures

Reptiquatics

Arachnopeon
I have a few 5"×5"×5.5" acrylic enclosures and one 8"×8"×10" glass enclosure that are currently empty. They are both tall.

The larger glass one opens in the front, and has about 2" of possible substrate hight. It has a 1.5" screen slot for top ventilation and the same size for the bottom.

The smaller acrylic ones open from the top. I made these from cd cases a while back to keep my anoles in while a clean their cage, but I recently got a larger container to put them in. These lids aren't super tight, I would just tape them down. Some of them have ventilation between walls and others only have the top. I can also drill some holes in the lid and even the sides if more ventilation is needed.

I was wonsering if anyone had any suggestions for critters to put into these terarriums that won't grow too big. My only experience for this area of animal keeping is crickets, which I keep for feeders and roache's that I've only ever kept for a couple days and they stayed in the contaier they came in. I would rather not have anything in the smaller ones that would need heating or lighting, but I can plant it with pothos or add some sticks and such. The larger one can be a bit more elaborate, though. My house room is usually around 70°F (21°C) a bit warmer in summer and a bit cooler in winter, but day or night it won't get higher than 75 or lower than 65. I'm really not picky with suggestions, as long as they don't need water (besides in a dish or from leaves) since my terarriums aren't meany to hold water. Other than that, any animal is welcome.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There's a lot of things, insects, arachnids, reptiles, and amphibians.

Reptiquatics

Arachnopeon
Thank you for your reply.
Do you have any specific suggestions? I've had a hard time finding anything that can liverify in such small enclosures, especially the smaller ones.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Plenty of dwarf T's can live comfortably as adults in a 5.5 x 5.5 x 5.5. Many different species of roach and true spider also work. Just look for something that doesn't get very big ;)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thank you for your reply.
Do you have any specific suggestions? I've had a hard time finding anything that can liverify in such small enclosures, especially the smaller ones.
I keep an E sp Red in a ExoTerra Breeder Box, small size. It's a dwarf T.

norcalfourrunner

Arachnopeon
I built an 8x8x8 tank for my mom for Christmas. I set it up as a frog tank. ⅓ water with a waterfall. Base is hydroton, topped with coco and rocks/logs for climbing. Added a couple live plants and a small tree frog. Light is an exo terra UVB 100 26 W. Frog seems to dig it.

I'd like one for a small mantis tank or something.

Attachments