.5” OBT sling escapee do I worry?

neobuddah

Arachnopeon
as we have said many times, OBT slings have mad speed. If opening the enclosure have a couple lines of defense with the last being quite containable (like a bath tub). So enclosure, inside a storage container, inside the bathtub with the drains plugged and any curtains pulled. That way WHEN it happens you aren't searching the floors
Noted I have an E.
There will be tubes to the lid even without it.
I do agree that they'll be webbed to the lid in no time.
The plants can go.
tthe part where the plants are laying has a lower level of substrate than where the water dish is. My other OBT sling webbed in that area rather than the lid. At least for now.

thatdadlife619

Arachnoknight
If your obt’s enclosure allows it to burrow if it so desires and also make its tunnels an escape in the future is much less likely to happen

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
tthe part where the plants are laying has a lower level of substrate than where the water dish is. My other OBT sling webbed in that area rather than the lid. At least for now.
By the time you need to rehouse, chances are that those plants, hide and water dish will all be webbed to the roof.
It's gonna take a while but these guys will do it, even with room to burrow.
It really isn't a big deal when you stay on top of it.
Have fun. Don't let it out again. Lol
And let things dry out some. Cool spider.

neobuddah

Arachnopeon
By the time you need to rehouse, chances are that those plants, hide and water dish will all be webbed to the roof.
It's gonna take a while but these guys will do it, even with room to burrow.
It really isn't a big deal when you stay on top of it.
Have fun. Don't let it out again. Lol
And let things dry out some. Cool spider.
I appreciate the advice. I’ll definitely be more careful and mindful the next time. I got lucky on this one lol.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So I had an OBT sling escape it’s enclosure. Tips on finding it or do I wait for a 4 to 6 inch defensive tarantula to make it self known? 😂 funny but not funny. It’s only maybe .5 inches.
It will likely die of dehydration unless you have feeders.

I’d be cautious however.

cold blood

Staff member
this is a prime example of why I always suggest the use of deli cups. The enclosure you use is fine, I have them myself...but their rigid top means any time you open the lid for any reason, a huge portion of the top is now exposed and prime for an escape. Big problem with fast, or high strung species

With a deli cup, the lid is pliable, so I can just peel back the small area I need to fill a dish or drop in a feeder, almost completely negating any escape risk with even the most high strung species.