48 hours, stuck in molt?

Lawblacka

Arachnopeon
It's been approx 48 hrs since my Rose hair flipped and she's !Ade little progress. She's very alert and active (all parts just moving away when I come to the side of her tank) but she seems to be having trouble as she's only gotten her fangs out. Should I be worried? I kicked up the humidity for her a few hours ago, what else can I do?

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
It's been approx 48 hrs since my Rose hair flipped and she's !Ade little progress. She's very alert and active (all parts just moving away when I come to the side of her tank) but she seems to be having trouble as she's only gotten her fangs out. Should I be worried? I kicked up the humidity for her a few hours ago, what else can I do?
Get us some pics. How big is she?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Please dont add humidity to a Rose Hair tank.

What size is your specimen? If old it may take a long time to complete the process. Sometimes they will stay on their backs for a long time before beginning to moult.

The less disturbance the better.

cold blood

Staff member
48 hours is way too long...the new exo has likely already hardened to the point of not being able to help...and frankly it doesn't seem to have made enough progress to even be able to assist.

Please post some clear pics.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
48hrs is too long for sure. Try and put it in an ICU, but in all honesty itll do no good.

If the mouth parts are free, and youre really dedicated to that t, you could nurse it through to its next molt...which will likely be a loong time from now, or you could always euthanize it and end its stressing and suffering

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If the poor t has succumbed, try to review your husbandry and see what you can learn from this experience., I'm rather curious about this, particularly in relation to the dry with a water dish crowd, how old is this T?

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What other option is there. The thing is dying. Its molt is hardening to it like cement. Whats the OP have to lose?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
If we got some photos, like we've been asking for for ~15 hours, we could probably determine if it's salvageable or if it's freezer time.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Agreed. Or bottom of a shoe time :(
I don't think you want the knowledge of what that feels like lingering in your brain. "Why yes, I know exactly how it feels to step on a tarantula!" No thanks.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I don't think you want the knowledge of what that feels like lingering in your brain. "Why yes, I know exactly how it feels to step on a tarantula!" No thanks.
Oh no. Not wearing it. Just a whack so over with quick. Its another alternative since my freezer is full of preserved specimens