48 hours of my t being on his back

Napexcape

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, my pink toe has recently went into molt. Not sure the age but he is good size so older for sure. Well it went into molt about 24 hours ago. And I'm scared since it's been so long. Not sure what to do. As this is my favorite t I've ever had. Not sure if I should leave it be for longer or try to assist in helping escape. Any advice would be great

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey guys, my pink toe has recently went into molt. Not sure the age but he is good size so older for sure. Well it went into molt about 24 hours ago. And I'm scared since it's been so long. Not sure what to do. As this is my favorite t I've ever had. Not sure if I should leave it be for longer or try to assist in helping escape. Any advice would be great
Leave it

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Almost always best case scenario is to do nothing and wait.

Scorpiobsession

Arachnobaron
24 hours is nothing. Some members have had their tarantulas go into molt and hide for over a year and they came out fine. Just leave him alone and learn from it.

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
24 hours is nothing. Some members have had their tarantulas go into molt and hide for over a year and they came out fine. Just leave him alone and learn from it.
I think the person meant 24h from the flip,which is longer than it usually takes to finish molting.

Napexcape

Arachnopeon
vicareux. Right it's been flipped on it's back for over a day now. Why I've been kinda scared for a stuck molt . Never had one take this long .

Scorpiobsession

Arachnobaron
vicareux. Right it's been flipped on it's back for over a day now. Why I've been kinda scared for a stuck molt . Never had one take this long .
In that case the link provided above has all the information for what to do if it gets stuck. First make sure that it's stuck, if it's actively working to get itself out and the molt isn't hardening then you shouldn't intervene.

Napexcape

Arachnopeon
My pink toe has been flipped over on it's back for 2 days now. I'm not seeing any movement or progress from it any more. My stress level over loosing him is threw the roof lol. Yesterday people said leave it to do it's thing. But as time goes I'm afraid he is going to die form in his molt

emartinm28

Arachnoknight
Has it made progress? We need to know how far along it is. If you can get pictures *without disturbing the T* that would be great. If the chelicerae aren’t even out yet there’s nothing to do but wait.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Has it popped the carapace? Or made any progress?

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Question....are the legs curled inwards,or spread out a little.2 days is concerning,imo.Picture would go a long way in helping out.
And you say no movement from anything?.Legs twitching even a little bit?.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Are you certain it is on it’s back for molting, not dead?
Agree...that’s why I asked about leg positions.
If curled in on the body,most likely dead.

Went back to your post from yesterday.
Probably dead,unfortunately.
I hope I’m wrong,but....

Last edited by a moderator:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My pink toe has been flipped over on it's back for 2 days now. I'm not seeing any movement or progress from it any more. My stress level over loosing him is threw the roof lol. Yesterday people said leave it to do it's thing. But as time goes I'm afraid he is going to die form in his molt
How large is it?

Napexcape

Arachnopeon
Sorry. I've been at work. I haven't been able to reply. I've certain he is dead unfortunately. Sad day tbh. Thank you guys for all the quick replies though.