3inch rose hair housing question

Crowbi

Arachnopeon
Mine's in a container about the same size as that and she's been doing fine. Just keep her substrate bone dry with a water bowl and get something as a hide (I use half a log) and you should be fine, imo.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
As long as there is enough substrate in there to prevent a long fall from the top it should be okay. Personally I prefer containers that are more clear but that's me.

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
As long as there is enough substrate in there to prevent a long fall from the top it should be okay. Personally I prefer containers that are more clear but that's me.
Yeah I was going to fill it with some coco fiber alittle more than half way so I can add some decor later on

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Yeah I was going to fill it with some coco fiber alittle more than half way so I can add some decor later on
As long as it is nothing sharp then by all means make it look cool in there. The only two required items are a water dish (use disposable souffle cups) and a hide. If you want to throw a couple fake plants or something in there that is good for aesthetics, just don't be mad if it decides to play "bulldozer" in the middle of the night and rearrange your beautifully crafted set up! :astonished::D

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Personally, I go for economy of space with most of my NW terrestrials. All of my AFs are in ExoTerra Breeder Boxes, Large size. That's just too tall for me to have to put in sub to prevent fall damage. However one can put things inside to fill up space rather than spending tons of cash on sub.

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
Hmmm what decor besides plants should I use, I know they are a land dwelling species but could i put in a smaller branch or something

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
haha thats what i use for my Scolopendra alternans, its about as big as a 5 gallon, but taller. it should be fine for life. id personally prefer a large or x-large kritter keeper, much clearer.
no decor is needed besides a water and hide.