3i emperors first feeding

ErikElvis

Newb
Well that was kinda a <edit> show. Dropped a couple small red runners in and kept nudging them towards the scorps. They’d sense them turn towards them but just get scared. Kinda ridiculous watching these guys try to hunt. Claws open just wandering back and forth. Eventually one got one as I maimed it pretty bad and was barely moving so he snatched it up. The other hasn’t figured that out yet. I’m thinking bigger prekilled prey might be the answer.

Here are the little derps. DA17F423-26F1-4B65-91A2-62A05DFE07F9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
awww, so cute!!! They're sit and wait predators... they like their dinner to walk right into their pincers. Less running around after their dinner, the better for them :lol:

ErikElvis

Newb
Tried small mealworms with the heads crushed this time. One took right away. It was awesome. Grabbed him with his claws and tried to hold him in place and when that wasn’t working went for the sting. Chowing down now. The other seems to be scared of them but I left a couple for him to scavenge.

ThatOneGuyInAus

Arachnopeon
A better way to kill prey before feeding is to put them in the freezer. They don't feel a thing that way. I think crushing their heads is kinda cruel.

A better way to kill prey before feeding is to put them in the freezer. They don't feel a thing that way. I think crushing their heads is kinda cruel.
Some even crush whole body of feeders for feeding smaller slings XD. I'm afraid if the prey is not wiggling the sling might not be interested maybe that's why they prekill feeders.

ErikElvis

Newb
I do feel bad but they’re gonna get chomped on anyway. And they still move which I think entices them.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
How do you know this? They are going to be eaten within the next few hours regardless of how they are pre killed