32 oz. deli cups for Tarantulas?

Tremors

Arachnopeon
I'm specifically talking about the type with the lid that has the paper material covering the vent holes in the lid. These are the cups commonly used for fruit flies.

Are the lids breathable enough to house a tarantula or scorpion?

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you mean like what you buy them in at pet shops? i would keep slings in something like that but adults might need something slightly bigger..

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i have that type of lid on my baby tailess whips....it might be ok for a sling...i wouldnt put a scorp in it though cause its tall instead of longer...what i do for vents is take a razor knife and cut a huge hole in the top of the lid then hot glue either pantyhose or small fiber mesh over it, then hot glue from inside and out, cut off excess and there ya are...

Thegloryfades

Arachnosquire
There was a thread a bit back showing the damage T's can do to metal mesh screening I surely would've trust cloth to keep one in

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I use them all the time with no problems. I have several in use right now for spiders of all sizes. I use the ones with the fabric lids not the metal mesh. Spiders are capable of getting through the fabric so you will have to watch them. On the other hand, I have yet to see a sling poke through. Good luck.

Thegloryfades

Arachnosquire
I'm sure they can and do work but I would rather play it safe after seeing Anastasias "miss can opener"

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i dont use metal...i use the fabric too...i have some that is off a screen window, then some that was like a little tent thing to keep mantids in, zipper broke, and i used it....i mainly only have them on my avics..but also have them on my wolfie, and my biggest tailess whip...it actually holds and works extremely well...

There was a thread a bit back showing the damage T's can do to metal mesh screening I surely would've trust cloth to keep one in