?

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
i picked out 3 rocks and put them in the pretty big spice jar, with my curlyhairs(3) i also washed them(rocks), they started burrows, just wondering if it is ok,

James

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are all three in the same enclosure? If so, that might be good for a while, but I have no experience in this area. As for the rocks, let me answer your question with a question. Is there any chance that the container would ever be bumped causing a tunnel collapse or movement of the rocks which might pinch or crush a sling? Your call. If your question is in regards to the washing of the rocks, I think you'd be fine. Some people are overly concerned about the sterilization of introduced items, others talk about going out and picking up moss in the wild for their containers. In the end, I think it's a personal choice, but I don't think rocks that have been washed will present any problems.

Botar

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

they are not in the same enclosure together! they each are in a seperate cage! mu curlyhair made a burrow under the rock, is this bad? it isn't a huge rock, they have a pretty big cage, should i put them back into vials? thanks,

James

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Re: hey

Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
they are not in the same enclosure together! they each are in a seperate cage! mu curlyhair made a burrow under the rock, is this bad? it isn't a huge rock, they have a pretty big cage, should i put them back into vials? thanks,

James
My concern is the same as Botar's. I would worry the weight of the rock might collapse the burrow and harm the T. If I might make a suggestion, scraps of cork bark would serve the same purpose with far less risk.

Joy

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If their all burrowing, why do you need any hide at all ?
I think you should start the burrow down tha side of the spice jar with a ink pen or something to encourage the T to continue digging where you can see it. Then add some lite weight decor, if you feel you need it. If they burrow down the middle you'll never see them, won't know when they molt, you'll wonder if their alive. IMO :)

Your pal,
Ernie