3 successful molts in one day

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Came home to three molts..C.fasciatum..A.chalcodes...A.geniculata.All healthy and doing well..with all body parts intact.My A.metallica and A.seemanni have ceased eating and are hiding.Possible molts coming up there also.I'm hoping to catch them in action.Never seen a molting before....peace..

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by pelo
Came home to three molts..C.fasciatum..A.chalcodes...A.geniculata.All healthy and doing well..with all body parts intact.My A.metallica and A.seemanni have ceased eating and are hiding.Possible molts coming up there also.I'm hoping to catch them in action.Never seen a molting before....peace..
You know you've hit a mile stone when your A. chalcodes molts.
How big is it?
Congrats on the molts. Three's alot in one day. :p

Ernie

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
A.chalcodes is a sling..I'm guessing it's maybe only ever molted two or three times if that.Total body length is about 1/4-1/2"....little bigger than a dime....many molts to come yet..lol...peace..

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
congrats!!! always a good thing when they come through alive and well :)

about 50 of mine have forgone food, and i'm seeing a few colour changes and the typical 'pre-molt' behaviour, so i'm thinking molt time is coming up!

it should turn out as good as yours i hope :)

peace
dave!

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
whoa...3 in one day. Must be a spring thing. Congrats.

Jeff

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Cool, bro!

I had 3 molts over a couple of weeks - 2 more due over the next week. My A. chalcodes is now a little over 3" and looks sweet. I'll get a good lens for my camera soon at start posting pic's.

Peace, Dario

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I noticed that my parahybana just molted. I'm beginning to worry. Although the thing is not mature yet, it's beginning to look more and more like a male. If this thing turns out to be a male in the end, I'm shipping it out.