3" P. Metallica enclosure.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I have an Exo-Terra nano enclosure, is my 3" P. Metallica large enough to be housed in an enclosure of this size, it's not set - up at the moment but if you feel it's an OK size, I'll get right on it.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I have an Exo-Terra nano enclosure, is my 3" P. Metallica large enough to be housed in an enclosure of this size, it's not set - up at the moment but if you feel it's an OK size, I'll get right on it.
As long as you add plenty of cover and a good hide it should be just fine. My P.metallicas have been growing fast and they seem to like some roaming space, they are very active especially at night.
I've actually got one of mine in a exo terra Nano as well, works great.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
As long as you add plenty of cover and a good hide it should be just fine. My P.metallicas have been growing fast and they seem to like some roaming space, they are very active especially at night.
Thanks @Nightstalker47 I'll get onto it as soon as I've got some time to dress the enclosure, the T is in a deli - cup at the moment, I'll upload a picture.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
IMG_0577.JPG Not the best photo I've ever taken, but here's what she's in at the moment, it's getting to be a bit of a tight squeeze when it's going round the side of the cork slab, I think it definitely needs re - housed. The heat mat you can see in the photo is no longer in use, I used to use it but after reading a few threads and posts on the boards and in TKG I've decided it's pointless, so I'm a heat mat convert. YAY!

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
View attachment 242183 Not the best photo I've ever taken, but here's what she's in at the moment, it's getting to be a bit of a tight squeeze when it's going round the side of the cork slab, I think it definitely needs re - housed. The heat mat you can see in the photo is no longer in use, I used to use it but after reading a few threads and posts on the boards and in TKG I've decided it's pointless, so I'm a heat mat convert. YAY!
Yeah, I'd agree she's definitely due to be rehoused. Be careful not to spook her in that deli cup, they tend to be rather flighty. I'd probably just put the cup in the nano and let her come out on her own.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Yeah, I'd agree she's definitely due to be rehoused. Be careful not to spook her in that deli cup, they tend to be rather flighty. I'd probably just put the cup in the nano and let her come out on her own.
That's exactly what I was thinking, the T itself is quite calm but don't want to take the risk of it taking off, thanks for the heads up @Nightstalker47 , I'll be re - housing on Monday, maybe tomorrow, I'll post a photo once the deed is done.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Do you have a photo of your set - up, I have cork bark pieces and tubes, no back ground, I have quite a bit of "furnishings" from faux plants to big nut husks, I'll dress the enclosure so it has lots if climbing areas and hides.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Yeah sure, I've got a few pictures. I like to use the cork hollows for my pokies, I prefer the tubes over the flats but I didn't have any left so had to improvise. My female still has plenty of cover and places to hide, I haven't seen her much since the rehouse.

Attachments

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Yeah sure, I've got a few pictures. I like to use the cork hollows for my pokies, I prefer the tubes over the flats but I didn't have any left so had to improvise. My female still has plenty of cover and places to hide, I haven't seen her much since the rehouse.
Thanks for posting the pics, I've got cork rounds, so that'll be no problem, I'll attach some slabs as well, my enclosure is taller than the one pictured, 12" tall I think. I'm going to dress the enclosure tomorrow, thanks again.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Here's the enclosure with the T already in, you can just make it out at the very top.
IMG_0658.JPG Sorry for the bad photo, I kept getting a glare from the flash. But that's it done, the T was as calm as you could want when I re - housed her.(I say her out of hope)

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Here's the enclosure with the T already in, you can just make it out at the very top.
View attachment 242355 Sorry for the bad photo, I kept getting a glare from the flash. But that's it done, the T was as calm as you could want when I re - housed her.(I say her out of hope)
IMG_0657.JPG Sorry for the flash, but you can see the enclosure properly on this photo.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Did you hang highest piece of cork from the top?

Glad to see you got her moved without too much trouble.

Last edited:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
The cork bark at the top is hot glued, and the transfer went without incident, thanks.
Ok, I missed the hot glue on the end there. Take care with hot glue and glass. Several people have posted that the cork they hot glued to glass tanks came loose and fell a few months after being modified. A lot of people use silicone instead since it is softer and holds better to glass. Just something to keep in mind.

I usually take out all the stuff I can from the deli and transfer like you would a catch cup. My P.met was fast but it wasn't a lot of trouble when I rehoused it.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
You have Poecilotheria confused with Avic s. They don't go to the top like that and web. In fact, some people raise them closer to terrestrials. So that bark at the top is useless and could fall. Something to keep in mind.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Ok, I missed the hot glue on the end there. Take care with hot glue and glass. Several people have posted that the cork they hot glued to glass tanks came loose and fell a few months after being modified. A lot of people use silicone instead since it is softer and holds better to glass. Just something to keep in mind.

I usually take out all the stuff I can from the deli and transfer like you would a catch cup. My P.met was fast but it wasn't a lot of trouble when I rehoused it.
I've got silicone too, if I'd known I would have used it, thanks for letting me know, the cork tube is hot gun glued as well. Hope it stays put...