3 New T's

Mike B

Arachnopeon
I just recently got 3 new T's....
Ephebopus Cyanognathus
Haplopelma Lividum
Poecilotheria Metallica
I realize all T's are different, but about how long should it take for these to get used to their new enclosures. I think the H. Lividum is getting there, it webbed up a little tunnel and I was able to get it to eat a cricket last night. The other 2 don't seem interested in eating yet.

Mike B

Arachnopeon
All 3 are 2nd enstar slings to my knowledge, just incase it helps.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Some take at least a month. Depends on the individual. You should worry after a few months. Just give them time, they'll get it eventually :D

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ephebopus Cyanognathus - 78.5 hours
Haplopelma Lividum - 48 hours
Poecilotheria Metallica - 35 minutes

:troll:

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince

Less than 35 minutes for the metallica! I had pokies eating and webbing not minutes after they were in their new home!

BobBarley

Arachnoprince

No, no stop spreading misinformation!

Ephebopus Cyanognathus - 78.582649 hours
Haplopelma Lividum - 43.428 hours
Poecilotheria Metallica - 35.00012318 minutes

Trenor

Arachnoprince
There is no set time. Just make sure you have the enclosure set up correctly and leave them to it.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I could understand that the individual nature of the T along with factors involving everything from whether the delivery guy went postal on the box, etc. could impact this. The handbook says to give it a week of not bothering them or attempting to feed. Just make sure the water levels are good.

It looks like none of those T's are considered as skiddish. Does the degree of skiddish for the T come in to play on this type of thing? I don't have much to go by at this early stage in my experience, but my G. Pulchripes and E. Campestratus were eating on their second night. It took my A. Versicolor a week. And my new Hapolopus Sp Col. has dug a hole inside the hide and sealed the door.

Congrats to you on the three nice T choices.

Last edited: