3 New arrivals! (Hamburg Reptile Expo)

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I came home today with 3 new Ts from my trip to the Hamburg, PA Reptile Expo. The first two are early birthday presents from my girlfriend.

Unsexed B. albopilosum (Nicaraguan) 3/4 inches

Female D. pentaloris 2 3/4 inches (Octavia)

And the one that I could not resist buying myself:

Female G. pulchra 2 1/2 inches (Niobe)

All three are from Joe's Tarantulas, and appear to be in good health. He even wrote the last molt date on the outside of the container...a good idea that I haven't seen other vendors do. Once they settle into their new enclosures, it will be time to feed them and put a little more meat on their bon...under their exoskeletons. :)

Leila

Arachnobaron
Yay!!!! Congrats and happy early birthday! :D

Those are all lovely little darlings! So excited for ya :happy:

Timc

Arachnosquire
Aw man, I totally forgot that show was today! Congrats on the new guys/gals! Very jealous of the D. pentaloris.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Aw man, I totally forgot that show was today! Congrats on the new guys/gals! Very jealous of the D. pentaloris.
It was super busy today, but I guess it's always like that. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I can't wait to feed her...right now her abdomen is actually smaller than her carapace! Unacceptable! :D

Stormsky

Arachnopeon
Now I wish I could've gone! The B. albo Nicaragua and the pulchra are both on my wish list. If you don't mind me asking, how much was he selling the B. albo Nicaragua slings for?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Now I wish I could've gone! The B. albo Nicaragua and the pulchra are both on my wish list. If you don't mind me asking, how much was he selling the B. albo Nicaragua slings for?
$10. I think it's one of those species that has 1000+ eggs in a sac so it's very abundant.

I have no way of knowing for sure that it's the Nicaraguan variety at 3/4 inches, but others have told me that he's a reputable breeder, so I'm hoping to see a super-fluffy T as it gets bigger.

Stormsky

Arachnopeon
$10. I think it's one of those species that has 1000+ eggs in a sac so it's very abundant.

I have no way of knowing for sure that it's the Nicaraguan variety at 3/4 inches, but others have told me that he's a reputable breeder, so I'm hoping to see a super-fluffy T as it gets bigger.
Oh, cool! I didn't expect them to be as cheap as the hobby form.

He seems like a trustworthy guy, judging from when I talked to him. A few months ago I bought a female hobby form albo and one of her babies from him, but that was before I even knew about the Nicaragua form or else I would've gotten one of those too.