3" Chaco in a 10x6x6 home?

Panic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i was thinking of transfering my 3" legspan aureostriata to a 10x6x6 Kritter keeper. because i think he is too big for its current home a 5" diameter deli cup. should i rehouse him to the 10x6x6 or to a smaller enclosure? if i transfer him to the bigger one then it would be less of a problem for me because the 10x6x6 is a little bigger so i won't rehouse him again for a little longer. so, what do i have to do?

ps: pics below

Last edited:

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i was thinking of transfering my 3" legspan aureostriata to a 10x6x6 Kritter keeper. because i think he is too big for its current home a 5" diameter deli cup. should i rehouse him to the 10x6x6 or to a smaller enclosure? if i transfer him to the bigger one then it would be less of a problem for me because the 10x6x6 is a little bigger so i won't rehouse him again for a little longer. so, what do i have to do?
I'm not good with measurements so if you can show us pictures of the old enclosure, the T and the new enclosure i can definitely help you with your question.

Panic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
this is her in the current enclosure

and here she is in her current enclosure inside the new enclosure.

Last edited:

Panic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i'm worried it might stress out the T because the 10x6x6 is a little too big for him? one more reason why i want to rehouse her is because i want to provide her a hide, the current enclosure is getting too small for her, if i put anything for a hide, it would only crowd her place.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
She can chill in the container she is in for another molt, or move now. It's up to you I guess.

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i'm worried it might stress out the T because the 10x6x6 is a little too big for him? one more reason why i want to rehouse her is because i want to provide her a hide, the current enclosure is getting too small for her, if i put anything for a hide, it would only crowd her place.
My little guy is in something similar you are considering. I would rehouse and give plenty of substrate so he can build a nice burrow. At that size they really like to dig.

Steph

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
this is her in the current enclosure

and here she is in her current enclosure inside the new enclosure.
Yea, you can move her up...Actually you can even build an enclousure around the one you have her in now so she can easily adjust and move out of the one she is standing in now at her own leasure (sp).

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Steph's right...

Give plenty of natural substrate and your miner will fit right in. IMO once the leg-span exceeds the radius of the tub, it's time to move, and your plan to avoid two moves in the short term is a good one.

Oh, have fun excavating your water dish!! ;P :D