2nd vacation in a row I lost a T

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Well this sucks. I got home from vacation. I went to feed my T's. On one side of the container, a molt, the other side a dead H himalayana. Second vacation in a row I lost one. Last year, a A seemanni, no clue on that one. There's probably nothing I could have done on the himalayana. She never seemed right. Weird timing though, two trips in a row.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
That sucks Mark, I hate when they die for unknown reasons, My Damon medius died last night. Absolutely no clue why.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
This sucks, man. I'm sorry.

Probably it's not a coincidence: lazy corrupted "Rights? Which rights?" Italian 'Boss' have reason when say: "Work! Vacation time is a thing of the past." :(

Walker253

Arachnobaron
The one you just got? You know who I'd be talking to. They'll make it right.

Seeing a dead tarantula sucks, but I was conditioned to it in a way more than 30 years ago. Working in the pet industry, both wholesale and retail, I saw a lot of death. From spending the first part of my days cleaning dead fish out of aquariums, to all the wild caught (mostly reptile) stock that died unexpectedly, you see stuff and get used to it. I know in the wild, things like tarantulas and reptiles, most die off before adulthood. It still sucks to see your stuff die, but unless I named it and it responded to me, I have little attachment other than "damn that was a 100 dollar spider". Don't take me as totally cold and callous. I've just seen more death and am in a different place emotionally. I still love my tarantulas and do everything I can to keep them happy, well as happy as a tarantula can be.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I know they will, already sent messages
I never like to see a living thing in my care suffer/die its not any fun but part of life.