2nd Tarantula For GF?

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
I was going to jump on the versicolor bandwagon, but I see you're good on that front. ;) I know your girlfriend is going to love her new T, my versicolor slings are some of my favorites. Did you get a sling or an older T? Slings are not as hard to care for as a lot of people think as long as they're not kept in moist, stuffy enclosures.

I've had my versicolor slings almost a month, I feed them twice a week, provide a water cap, and lightly mist one side once or twice a week (they drink the droplets every time I do this, and its only enough to have dried within a few hours). They're both fat, happy little blueberries. :smug:

What are the other slings you got? I love new purchases, they're like Christmas morning lol.
I already got something mean so I went with something fast and something big this time. Haha. I also got another freebie.

I enjoy the hell out of my slings, all of my Ts are slings and the ones I ordered will be as well. I just enjoy having something grow in my care, something magical about that.

Lokee85

Arachnoknight
I already got something mean so I went with something fast and something big this time. Haha. I also got another freebie.

I enjoy the hell out of my slings, all of my Ts are slings and the ones I ordered will be as well. I just enjoy having something grow in my care, something magical about that.
Totally agree, my first T is/was a sling (B. albo, was 0.75" in Feb when I got 'her', and she's currently 1.75"), and I never really considered getting an older one at first because I wanted to experience them "growing up." My second was a juvie A. avic because I wanted a "pink toe" too, but was worried about sling delicacy... After getting my versicolors, I know I was worried for nothing, as long as I ignore care sheet info and take the wisdom of the experienced keepers here to heart. :)